Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
05 honda foreman 450. I,m having a hard time getting the motor to turn over easy. I've tried 2 good known battery's and 3 starters with 2 being brand new. With the spark plug in the motor will turn very slow and sluggish almost as if the battery is dead. With the plug out it turns over with out a problem. I have already replaced the solenoid, starter, battery, wiring and fuses. I have also hooked jumper cables straight to the battery. Any advice would be helpful and thanks.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Maybe compression is too high for some unknown reason. It might be worthwhile to do a compression test. Be sure to hold the throttle wide open when performing the compression test.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok i'll try. if the compression is to high how can i go about fixing that??? iv been told that there is a decompression screw but i cant locate it on the motor

·
Registered
599 Posts
ok i'll try. if the compression is to high how can i go about fixing that??? iv been told that there is a decompression screw but i cant locate it on the motor
First things first. Do the compression test and compare your results with the specifications found in the service manual.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Guys i do thank you for the help.. I done the comp. test everything is good.. I dug around the motor a little and found my reverse cable was rusted up pretty bad and pushed into gear ever so slightly. so I cleaned up the cable and put the grease to it and walllaa im back running no issues!!!
once again thanks if i catch you out ill bring the beer!!

·
Premium Member
5,956 Posts
Well, now you have two threads explaining the same problem. Wastes our time switching back and forth between them to find relevant info... Such as: In 2005 all the Honda Foremans come with 500 motors, not 450s. So what are we looking at here? Can you delete the new thread so we can help you more easily?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts