Honda ATV Forum banner

121 - 131 of 131 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
I have serious doubts that every unemployed person in America is unemployed because their job was outsourced to China. While I don't disagree that there are jobs that have gone over seas, guess what? There are OTHER jobs out there. It might not be the same job as before but if you're going to sit around and wait for the perfect job while others stare you in the face, that's not the fault of anyone but the unemployed.
I agree NOT everyone is unemployed due to company's outsourcing
BUT< there wasa time in the USA the average person could go work in a factory, and make a living and NOT be on poverty level
NOW theer are lots of jobs in the USA< BUT I dare you to try and make a living on the jobs that are always looking for help??
that's the difference really to me
many yrs back, the average factory worker had a pension plan, to make retirement possible, many were union and there was pay outs there, many were work 20 yrs and your OK with SOMETHING to help as you get older
and these factory jobs allowed for folks to own a home

todays factory jobs, have very little to offer than a pay check week to week, and MOST don\'t allow for much of a quality life
I hate hearing folks say, well these people need to get up and do something too
NOT everyone is capable of learning, MANY folks have poor education and , many have that cause they don't have the mental ability to learn well
and thats why so many of them struggle
BUT back in the day, even these folks had jobs in factorys , with benefits after 20 yrs of working there, even if NOT at a higher pay rate, they had SOMETHING for there yrs in!

factorys ruled the area I live in yrs ago, its down right a shame all the empty buildings there are here now
sad really
and then there is the goverment, that offer free taxes to companys that build and move into a Idustry park, and then after the free tax deal expires they bail and move on! , another issue up this way!

there are always things you can do to improve yourself, and be worth more in the job market, BUT its not as easy for everyone to do so, were NOT all rocket scientists
the ability to learn many things just isn't there for many ??

I also think a big part of the downfall to the USA, has been all the legal crap a company must meet
COME on, who needs instructions in 7 languages?
HECK< WHY cannot the USA< make English the countrys official language too? and make things in just one language??
I would have to think that alone would save millions a yr in printing costs!
HEY when I travel to other country's I don't expect them to speak English??
why should others coming here expect it??
That's another gripe I have and sore subject to me!!
Well said..

·
Registered
4,605 Posts
good install nice job.

·
Registered
2,924 Posts
A winch on a bike is very useful tool --- a come along is also a very useful tool when riding by yourself -- good to have when you lay your bike on it's side, a winch will drag your bike laying on it's side -- I carry a 6 ft cable come along.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I needed a winch to load a doa vehicle on my lowboy trailer. I saw the Badland 2500 on sale and did not hesitate to buy it. In fact I bought 2 as I wanted one for another purpose.

Discussing this move on an auto forum most said it was a useless unworkable purchase. WRONG. I added a receiver hitch to my trailer and made the winch removable. This thing has a lot of pull to it. I have loaded from street level onto trailer an Echo, Jeep, Honda CR-V and farm equipment. All easily done. I use a two line pull mostly but it would work single line.

The wireless feature is great. I move around the vehicle as I load it and move the wheel chocks up as I pull. Duty cycle, I don't pay it any attention. It hasn't been an issue and periodically I check the winch for heat build up. Never been a problem always ran cool. I tripped the circuit breaker just once. My opinion it is a great tool and it has not let me down. I carry a come along just in case cause things do break.

The short cable is the only down feature that I see. I am going to buy a heavier duty model with the longer cable some time soon. So far, I've been happy with this purchase.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I went Sam's warehouse and ordered online then delivered to store the best tire I wanted, ten dollars to mount. Great deal, very happy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Harbor freight has a Badland 2500 lb winch with wireless remote for $50. Anyone have one of these? Do these things last? Realize if your quad lives under water nothing is going to hold up well. This ok for light trial riding?
they arnt any good at all, i bought one brand new , never in water or rain, pulled the 4wheeler 3 or 4 times 2 of those times were trying it out, 1 time was pulling out a buddy, the other was pulling me off a hump , it burnt up stopped working all together, its really best to put back another 60 dollars and get some thing thats going to last

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought the harbor freight for my ATV trailer to pull the mower up onto. I have a superwinch 3000 synthetic on m y Rancher 420, a Sam's club champion (looks like Superwinch LT with a huge push button style handle bar switch) on my 05 Recon.... So far works as expected,.... exceptionally for under a $50 price tag!
I will report back on the harbor freight model as I use it!

On a side note I bought a harbor Freight winch years ago.... 2000 pound with a ball mount and 10 ft wired remote. It did an excellent job I've dragging my friends Harley Davidson Sportster up a plank into a lifted F250 using a Stanley FatMax Jump pack battery as a portable power supply... even with the Sportsters low clearance and aftermarket kickstand!

·
Registered
5 Posts
i have had zero issues out of my 2500# badland winch. it was cheap and its been reliable, i can only speak from my experience but i have had it for about 6 months now and it has been through at least 20 long rides where is was used many time with no problems.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yes, but loose the remote

I was given a 2500 Badlands. The guy said he did not like the fact that the remote had a delay between pushing the stop and it stopping.

I went online [Ebay] and found the relay block with a handlebar switch and installed that.

It has never given me a problem !

121 - 131 of 131 Posts