Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 04 foreman 4x4. The right front brake began squeaking and eventually locked up. I noticed the hand lever was so tight I couldn’t pull it so I bled the caliper and it worked fine, for a while but after a week or so I noticed the hand brake getting stiff and the brake was squeaking again so I bled it again. Worked fine for a while. This has continued for a while so does anyone have an idea what’s going on?

·
Super Moderator
37,419 Posts
yeah, i know whats wrong, the tiny hole in the bottom of your master cylinder is stopping up, not letting the brake fluid to return back to master cylinder. its under the black round plug in bottom of master cylinder. you can find more help here ---> www.atvhonda.com

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Explain how that only affects one wheel, the right front. I took the caliper off yesterday and the cylinder will return easily.

·
Super Moderator
37,419 Posts
Explain how that only affects one wheel, the right front. I took the caliper off yesterday and the cylinder will return easily.
if its only one wheel locking up ?, then the wheel cylinders on that wheel are seizing up. wait, you say caliper ?, does it have disk brakes on the front ?. or oem brakes ?.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts