Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve just replaced a clutch in a Honda trx300fw after it sitting for a few years and when I went to start it I heard a grinding noise coming from it and have no clue what it is. Does anyone know what it may be?

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
I’ve just replaced a clutch in a Honda trx300fw after it sitting for a few years and when I went to start it I heard a grinding noise coming from it and have no clue what it is. Does anyone know what it may be?
is the starter staying engaged ?. hard to tell you what all the problem could be without seeing and hearing it ?. are you sure you installed all the parts right ??.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
is the starter staying engaged ?. hard to tell you what all the problem could be without seeing and hearing it ?. are you sure you installed all the parts right ??.
It’s staying engaged and the parts are installed correctly. Changing the clutch was not difficult at all so I doubt it’s even the clutch. I would try and start it again but I’m worried that if I do I might screw up more things

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
It’s staying engaged and the parts are installed correctly. Changing the clutch was not difficult at all so I doubt it’s even the clutch. I would try and start it again but I’m worried that if I do I might screw up more things
pull it all back apart, re-check your work, service manual is your friend !.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts