Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can I drill and tap my A-arms and put grease fittings there? can believe they dont have them there from factory.:confused:

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
I'm sure someone will chime in but I'm going to say no you can't.

·
Super Moderator
38,618 Posts
the newer model's have grease fittings in them...i see no reason why you can't do yours the same way...as long as you keep the fitting's flush on the inside of the bolt hole..and don't go to deep as to where they will rub the support bolt..it should work..drill..tap..screw them in..stay flush on the inside..or short..and it should work.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
^^^^Agreed don't go to deep!

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
If you do drill and tap for grease zerks be sure to drill in rite location on the a-arms cause when your suspension compresses and the a-arms move they could hit the mounts for the a-arms and break off the grease zerks. I think you can get some bolts that are drilled and cross drellid that have a grease zerk in them so you can put grease in through the bolt not sure where to get them, the zerk will be in the end of the bolt head.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.