Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out in June or July all gas no mater what grade will have 10% of that corn crap put in there.. When I buy premium gas I want 100% gas not that *#*t ethanol, seriously wtf... Freaking Farm bill crap and government getting involved in this is nuts.. I should have a choice in at least the premium grade not to get that sh*T for my power equipment and power sports toys.. Needless to say I am one pis*#*d off gas buyer..

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
The local station in town has ethanol free pure gas. Thats all I run in my atvs, lawnmower, weedater, ect

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya we had a station that had ethanol free to until last week... I went in there ranting a raving and they said everyone (all stations) will have to have 10% in all grades, per the new government mandates associated with that piece of sh!t farm bill..

·
Premium Member
6,489 Posts
I don't know that I believe that. I've heard the same thing from stations around here for years when I bitched about E10, but there are obviously stations around that sell it without ehtanol.

Which bill was it, and is it federal or state?

Kinda like the neckbeards at Walmart who say there's no .22LR because the special forces are all using it in Afganistan.

In fact, it looks like it might be going the exact opposite way looking at legislation.

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1097006_senate-bill-introduced-to-end-ethanol-mandate-for-gasoline

I think your station owners are feeding you a line of BS.

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
Well I hope its not true, that's bull crap, a xompany should be able to make its product, and make a profit, if the consumer wants it
Honestly, I think if more stations sold ethanol free gas, they would sell a lot more of it, as ethonal gas sucks IMO:
but like all good things, they don't last long intoday's world of morons in charge, without an ounce of common sensee in there heads

·
Premium Member
6,489 Posts
Looks like the original bill mandated that X quanitity of ethanol has to be used in a year, which goes up a bit each year.

RENEWABLE FUEL.—For the purpose of
subparagraph (A), the applicable volume of renewable
fuel for the calendar years 2006 through 2022
shall be determined in accordance with the following
table:
Applicable
volume of
renewable
fuel
‘‘Calendar year: (in billions of
gallons):
2006 .............................................................................. 4.0
2007 .............................................................................. 4.7
2008 .............................................................................. 9.0
2009 .............................................................................. 11.1
2010 .............................................................................. 12.95
2011 .............................................................................. 13.95
2012 .............................................................................. 15.2
2013 .............................................................................. 16.55
2014 .............................................................................. 18.15
2015 .............................................................................. 20.5
2016 .............................................................................. 22.25
2017 .............................................................................. 24.0
2018 .............................................................................. 26.0
2019 .............................................................................. 28.0
2020 .............................................................................. 30.0
2021 .............................................................................. 33.0
2022 .............................................................................. 36.0

Given that people are trying to get the whole thing repealed (I swear this is the FIRST TIME EVER that the commie hag Feinsten has ever supported anything that I didn't think was treasonous) and there is obviously no huge jump from 2014-2015 in required gallons (in the grand scheme of things), I will stand by what I said; the gas station owner is so full of crap you'll need waders to do business there.

IF they can produce a bill that has been passed backing up their claim, I will be glad to chow on some crow, but I'm not at all worried about that happening.

If you're anything like me, you'll go back in and ask the station owner for documentation to back his claim, and when he can't produce it, you'll call him out (preferably in front of other customers) and then take your business elsewhere.

If he only wants to carry E10, say "We just made the decision to go only E10". Don't be a pansy and lie about it.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Get this... back in my hometown of Ironwood, Michigan you can't buy ethanol free gas anywhere and not only that but the pumps at all the stations in town AREN'T EVEN LABELED THAT THEY ALL HAVE ETHANOL. I had to jump across the border to Wisconsin to get ethanol free gas. Yes, I paid more. I expected to and wanted to so I could get pure gas.

·
Registered
9 Posts
None in my area without ethanol. Here's a site that lists ethanol free gas stations. Don't know how accurate it is. Click on the "map" to find the stations in your area. There are not many pure stations. Burning corn in your vehicle raises food prices a lot. Farmers aren't getting rich selling corn for ethanol but the producers and suppliers are. Plus note that using ethanol decreases your gas mileage and in mine at about 2.5 miles per gallon. Who knows how many small engines and fuel systems have been damaged.
http://pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=KY

·
Premium Member
6,489 Posts
None in my area without ethanol. Here's a site that lists ethanol free gas stations. Don't know how accurate it is. Click on the "map" to find the stations in your area. There are not many pure stations. Burning corn in your vehicle raises food prices a lot. Farmers aren't getting rich selling corn for ethanol but the producers and suppliers are. Plus note that using ethanol decreases your gas mileage and in mine at about 2.5 miles per gallon. Who knows how many small engines and fuel systems have been damaged.
Ethanol-free gas stations in the U.S. and Canada
Yeah, I've looked at the cost difference and the MPG difference and in my daily driver Accord it's about a wash. Ethanol free is about .10-.20/gal more and I get about 2 more MPG, so most of the time the added MPG doesn't really save me anything due to the higher cost.

On my other stuff (Jeep CJ's, 83 GMC, mowers/weedeaters/hedgetrimmers/outboards/generators/ATV's) I run ethanol free simply because it doesn't go bad quickly. The ethanol crap gums up a fuel system quickly. I run my Accord every day. The other stuff might get used once a month, so I use ethanol free in it.

My outboard gas from last summer (ethanol free) still fired the old 6HP right up. My father in law put ethanol gas in his Stihl chainsaw and it wouldn't fire after 6 months. Poured it out, and poured in some of my chainsaw gas from last summer and it fired right up.

Ethanol sucks. Another govt scam.

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
I run stabil or sea foam and don't have any trouble.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts