Honda ATV Forum banner

got my 70oxx tonight but need help

5K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  iceman320 
#1 ·
so I got my new trx 700xx tonight and I rode it up the street and back then i let my dad try to ride it and he kept stalling it, so i got on to show him how to let the clutch out and i turned it around and stalled it when i was coming to a stop. now I can't get it started again could it just be flooded. if I let it sit for like 10-15 min it will act like it wants to start but doesn't. what could be wrong? did I break my new toy already. any help would be great thanks.

#3 ·
Yeah, if you do flood it, something is wrong with it.

#5 ·
well I read in the manual and it tells you how to clear out the engine if it does get flooded. and it also said that if the battery is low that it won't start, so i have it hooked up to my battery tender and well see what happens in the morning i guess. but when I was trying to start it i was pumping the gas so that might have caused it to flood. so if it still doesn't start in the morning I will check and see if it's getting spark, and check and make sure that the fuel knob is in the right position. if all that is good and it still doesn't start then I guess it's back to the dealer I guess. cause when I would try to start it I could smell gas so that's why I think that it's flooded. so well see what happens in the morning. thanks guys.

#17 ·
Glad you got it running but for future reference, dont touch the gas while your trying to start it, theres a saftey feature which automaticlly kills fuel if you touch the throttle during start up. Congrats on the new toy, enjoy. i just ordered a 12 t front sprocket for mine yesterday

#6 ·
I was going to suggest that you check the fuel cut off switch and make sure it is on. Also, make sure your kill switch is in the run position. It could have accidently got moved to the off position.

Like Red, I didn't think you could flood the fuel injected ATVs, but I guess I might have been wrong. I'm not too experienced with the fuel injected models.

#9 ·
You can pump until the cows come home you not getting fuel from the carb, it has an injector..lol how ever when it's running and you take off and conk it off it has loaded fuel into the cylinder and you start up and do it again more fuel after 4 or 5 times you got a cylinder full of fuel and a wet plug, it's not easy to flood an EFI system but it can be done.

#10 ·
got my 700xx going this morning before i went to work. it still wouldn't start this morning thought so i looked down and somebody has shut the fuel off, so I turned the fuel on and it fired right up. so i went up the street and back and it ran great and rides like a dream so i'm starting to love it already.

#11 ·
That's great. Glad you got it figured out.

#13 ·
I've done that a few times, too, just not in a race as I don't race. Also, on those 300's with the vent on the cap, they will do the same thing if the vent gets accidently turned off.

Man, that would be bad to loose a race because of the gas being off.

#15 ·
LMAO, I have done that in a race... lost about 5 minutes before I figured it out.
I've done that a few times, too, just not in a race as I don't race. Also, on those 300's with the vent on the cap, they will do the same thing if the vent gets accidently turned off.

Man, that would be bad to loose a race because of the gas being off.
I still took 3rd. Any Podium spot is nice
Yeah, that's not bad, especially with the gas being off.

#18 ·
Sometimes the simplest of things rack our brains...LMAO Glad you got it going.

#20 ·
yeah i'm glad I got it going too. it will just take some getting use to after riding my 250 for three years. the biggest things that I will have to get use to on my 700 will be the clutch and the shift pattern. i have the shift pattern down pretty good but i will have to ride it more and get better with the clutch but I will get better at it the more I ride it. but this thing is a beast i love it. thanks for your help guys.

#21 ·
I want some pics man.

#22 ·
billy, I will get some pics of it up this weekend. after I get my trail tech vapor computer installed. but it will just take some getting use to the fuel injection and the fact that I don't have to touch the throttle any more when starting the quad. and I need to get better at shifting it also cause I have a tendency to not let off the gas completely before I pull in the clutch lever so I need to get my timing down a little better but it will come the more I ride it. But all I know right now is that this thing is a beast and will fly.

#23 ·
When you have your RPMs up high and are riding fast you do not need to use the clutch or let off the gas. that is where most people lose drag races.

#24 ·
red, so you're saying that you can speed shift the quad when the rpm's are up with out having to pull in on the clutch right. and if so will doing that hurt the tranny in any way. am I on the same page as you ? or are you talking about something else?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.