Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday I installed my Gorilla 2500 lb winch on to my Rancher 420tm 4x2 2008. I used the Gorilla 420 UU plate to mount the winch. The fit looks custom with very little modifications. I tested the winch in the garage & everything worked as stated. The people @ Gorilla winches really helped me out. My honda dealer quoted me $365.00 to install the warn winch, the total cost of the Gorilla, $145.00. I will post picks soon.:D

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am half way thru a Viper MX2000 install which I think is similar. I need help on where to splice in the switched 12 volt supply cable. I haven't been able to nail down exactely where to tap into? I am waiting on the service manual but want to get runnin. Any help would be huge

·
Registered
195 Posts
I would start by seeing what wires have 12V going through them with the key in the run position and go from there. Any of those should be fine, unless you also want to run the winch with the atv off.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I would definately tap it strait into the battery, beacuse i would hate to use my winch to pull myself out of a really bad mess,just to melt some of my wiring harness and my atv not start

·
Registered
195 Posts
The power wires need to go to the battery, otherwise you will melt wires with how much power the winch needs. The switch wires though can be tapped into the harness. You could put them right to the battery, just throw in an inline fuse.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts