Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you like to gain 4+ inches in the front for almost free?

step 1-Remove your front rims.

step 2-remove the tires off the rims.

step 3-take a nut and bolt with two orings and seal your current valve stem hole.

step 4-drill out a hole on the opposite side of the rim and use an older screw together valve stem(car style) about $5ea.

You will not need to fool with the shock location and the only reason to mess with the vale stem is to clear the brakes.

I bolted the wheels on and it was wide and took 10 min,lol.

It will work fine for wide on a budget.

I may do this when my new wheels show up and do a write up.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
A lot of people in the race world do this.But it screws with your castor or camber.I can't remember which one.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It also gives a deep wheel look in the front,if you can live with that your only really playing with wheel offsets.

Everything will still be factory strong.It could add some but not enough to worry about stress on you lug nuts,but this is an atv not a car so I doubt it.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Your probably right.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Won't that work on the rear? I bought a Warrior once, that had the rear tires and rims turned backwards and it made it wider, but I turned them back around. Maybe the offset is different on the Honda rear rims.

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
when he mentioned the part about adding 4 + inches to the front..for a min thier..i thought he was talking about something else..lmfao.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
^^^^^LAMO!!!And helmut.They are the same either way.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
^^^^^LAMO!!!And helmut.They are the same either way.
I didn't know about Honda offsets, but the Yamahas are a little wider if you turn them backwards, at least the Warrior's are. Maybe you could turn the Warrior rims backwards and put them on a Honda. Some Yamaha rims will fit a Honda. I don't know about the Warrior rims. I guess it would be a lot better to just do it right, though.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Yeah.The g force +7.5 axle I bought was only like $180.Thats cheap in the skeam of things when it comes to axles.lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts