Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys so we recently got a Honda Rubicon to ride around the ranch and we have been looking into investing in another but the problem is that I haven't found a decent one in my area with a price range of 3k-3.5k. Well I came up with the idea that a go kart wouldn't be so bad. We currently drive the atv with my nephews which are all around 10 years old and I feel like getting a go kart will be a bit safer for them. My question for you guys is do you guys know of a go kart that is reliable? I know this is a honda atv forum but I just thought it would be worth it to ask. Is there one that could possibly come close to keeping up with the rubicon around the price range I'm looking for? Thanks

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Any go cart with a honda motor of coarse would be the most reliable lol.. Good luck trying to find one with a honda on the back..

·
Premium Member
2,608 Posts
Just don't get one with a solid frame . . . like I did for my kids years ago. Get one with a suspension because a solid frame will beat you to death and eventually crack the frame.

But yea, you will pay more for it.

Rick

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have seen old Honda Odysseys go for less than $3k on Craigslist. Problem would be parts are getting more scarce but it would be safer with the full roll cage.

·
Registered
1,756 Posts
A go cart will give you problems all the time. Usually not the engine but chain, sprockets, clutch, tie rods,throttle cable, brakes etc. And the most important of all.......they are not safer. They will run under a car bumper for example.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts