Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
getting scratches out of plastic, new pics added

as some of you may know I had a crash on my new 700xx this last weekend. and I wanted to know is there any way that I can get some of the scratches out of my right rear fender? or will I just have to buy the new rear fender set? thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
How bad are we talking? Can we see some pics? I have a couple different things in mind... without sanding.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well a couple of them are pretty deep. I can't get pics right now but i will try to get some posted up for you to see. but until then what are some of your ideas Red?

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok red thanks for the help I will try to get some pics posted up for you to see either today or tomorrow, and then you can tell me what you think. but right now I have been thinking about just taking the rear fenders off the quad and seeing if I can find some paint that will match and just pain and clear coat it and call it good cause sooner or latter it will get scratched again anyway. so I might do that for now and then buy the new rear fenders later in the summer after I have gotten use to the new quad a little more

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
The problem with painting them is once they bend/flex you paint is cracked. Unless you add a flex agent.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hey red, I got you a pic of the scratches that are on the fender of my 700xx. let me know what you think and if I can get them out of the fender or not? thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
tyhats not bad my cuz raptor has them kind all over it

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Don't buy new plastics b/c of that. Do what you can to get those little pieces of plastic shavings out of there and use some Wizard's Black Renew on it after every wash.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Yeah, that's not that bad. I know you hate to see your new 4-wheeler scratched up, but they can't stay new forever. Just do like Red said to do.

Reactions: RideRed420

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've had my xx for like a month and a half now and its got way more sctaches than that just from riding. I think the plastic scratches wicked easy. But its an atv its ment to be ridden. I would waste the money just over a few scratches

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah guys I have been thinking about trying some of the plastic renew stuff on it. I was thinking about sanding the scratches that are the worst with like 1000 grit or 1600 grit sand paper and then try the plastic renew stuff on it first or put some kind of sticker over it or something like that. so have been thinking about trying some of this stuff and seeing how it works.

PC Racing Plastic Renew | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Get a heat gun and melt it all back flat.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
yeah guys I have been thinking about trying some of the plastic renew stuff on it. I was thinking about sanding the scratches that are the worst with like 1000 grit or 1600 grit sand paper and then try the plastic renew stuff on it first or put some kind of sticker over it or something like that. so have been thinking about trying some of this stuff and seeing how it works.

PC Racing Plastic Renew | Rocky Mountain ATV/MC
If you follow the steps correctly it will turn out good. That stuff is a whole long process. Black plastic on an ATV is a magnet for scratches. I recommend going the cheapest and easiest route. Use a real fine sand paper and knock down those pieces that are sticking up. And put some good plastic polish on it. You are going to go through this major process and the first branches that rub your fenders will scratch them.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I got some sand paper at walmart today i got some 1000grit and then I also got some 2000 grit sheets of it, so I will try sand the real deep ones down with that. Also what plastic polish would you guys say to use.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Plexus is a great product, I swear by Wizards Black Renew. Google both and you will find them.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
ok thanks I will look them up on google and then try one or the other thanks for the help guys.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
hi guys I got my plastic renew from ups yesterday and tried it this morning, and I must say it worked great I followed the instructions on the bottle and it turned out great and didn't take all day, it only took like 30min to an hour so I'm really happy with the results. And it saved me from having to buy new rear fenders? so great product.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Good deal, lets see some pics!

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Yeah we like pics.... Lol

1 - 20 of 26 Posts