Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Honda rancher 420 on 27” tires and when I get down in deep soupy mud it bogs and I was considering 25% gear reduction and more aggressive tires, I’m looking for info, pros and cons and any general information about instillation, thank you!

·
Super Moderator
4,713 Posts
Moved your thread to the gear reduction section :)

Anywhere in the region of 25 to 30% will be fine on an aggressive 27” tyre. You shouldn’t loose to much top end and it will give you that low down power back that you loose with a larger tyre.

·
Premium Member
12,279 Posts
You can run 28" Outlaw 2's on a 420 without gear reduction , we ride with one , it spins the tires throwing rooster tails

·
Super Moderator
4,713 Posts
I thought the gear reduction was only available in 25 and 69%
Not sure for a rancher, search this sub section, I’m sure I posted a photo with all available GR’s made by Jeremy Lee at reduction boss.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Reduction Boss makes 6-8 different sizes of reductions for the 420.

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
There's a 14.5/ 15.5 available from all the GR builders. A stock 420 should be able to turn 27's stock, although heavy 27's might lug you a little bit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
Jeepwm69
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing