Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy went to use my 350 Fourtrax, he knew that is was locked, yet somehow forgot about this when he drove off. I had a steel cable lock threaded through the left rear wheel which ran through the rear chassis. The steel cable broke, and now it doesn't seem to want to shift normally. It seems to shift OK using the manual gear change tool, but not w/the electric shift buttons. I'm thinking that perhaps this has caused some (hopefully minor) damage to the transmission gears. Also would it cause any more damage to run it for the next couple of weeks or so just using the manual shift lever until I can get a more proper diagnosis and repair done?
FWIW it's been bitterly cold here, and it's also possible that my battery is borderline for being dead. It does need to be boosted to get started and then runs just fine. Could the shifting difficulties stem from either/or the extreme cold - weak battery?

·
Premium Member
5,956 Posts
Yes, the shifting issue could be caused by a low/dead battery. ES bikes need a good strong battery to work right. Very frigid weather only makes things worse... Welcome to the forums!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts