Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
36,940 Posts
okkk, you got a old school trx350 fourtrax or foreman, whats the problem ??????.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fuel pump breather line driping gas
okkk, you got a old school trx350 fourtrax or foreman, whats the problem ??????.
besides frustration.. been a big project so far. Lots of front end work but i new it ran and didnt leak gas. Put it all bace togeather and got work on the farm. Right when i was braging about just that i smeled gas. Look down and gas is pouring out of carb. Ok flot prob. Let it sit for the night and ran it today and no leak from carb. Good needle set for now. Drive around a bit smell gas again. Look down. Dry. Hmmm look around air box wet. Trace it to the fuel pumps vent hose

·
Super Moderator
36,940 Posts
float needle sticking ?, fuel cut-off relay going out ?, torn diaphragm in pump ?.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Not woried about carb. I will get to that at some point. But why would gas come out of the vent hose for the pump while still supplying gas to carb? What should i check first?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just dont want to take apart the fuel pump unless i need to? Where is the fuel cut off location and does that tell the pump to stop or just supply power

·
Super Moderator
36,940 Posts
Just dont want to take apart the fuel pump unless i need to? Where is the fuel cut off location and does that tell the pump to stop or just supply power
read the service manual. fuel cut-off is right rear tire, inside metal box. like I said, if the diaphragm in the pump is torn ?, fuel can leak from the vent tube. the fuel cut=off relay tells the fuel pump when to kick on and off.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Fuel cutoff relay good its not over pumping. Im guessing your right about the diaphragm. Drove it around for a bit ant once engin was warm gas stopped comming out of vent tube. But in the process i lost power to rear weels..great. more stuff to fix. Lol at least it runs great.

·
Premium Member
3,616 Posts
The pump has a diaphragm that allows the pump to move fuel—a mechanism drives the diaphragm in and out But needs atmospheric pressure to return to home position —when the diaphragm is worn and torn fuel will leak past the diaphragm into the electromechanicals and out the vent. That’s what the vents for.

BTW you cannot repair these pumps

glad you’re wrenching on this old girl—you’re bound to stay busy😊

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The pump has a diaphragm that allows the pump to move fuel—a mechanism drives the diaphragm in and out But needs atmospheric pressure to return to home position —when the diaphragm is worn and torn fuel will leak past the diaphragm into the electromechanicals and out the vent. That’s what the vents for.

BTW you cannot repair these pumps

glad you’re wrenching on this old girl—you’re bound to stay busy😊
Thats why i didnt want to take the fuel pump apart. But i think it was just the cold weather cuz once it warmed up the leek stoped. But my rear end went out. Thats a new discussion now lol. But yeah im tired of everione destroying these old hondas to make a quick buck on parts. Im reviving it from the ground up

·
Super Moderator
36,940 Posts
Thats why i didnt want to take the fuel pump apart. But i think it was just the cold weather cuz once it warmed up the leek stoped. But my rear end went out. Thats a new discussion now lol. But yeah im tired of everione destroying these old hondas to make a quick buck on parts. Im reviving it from the ground up
lol, too bad your not on our new site ?, you would see a 1988 trx350D foreman 4x4 getting a ground up restoration by me !..lol.

·
Premium Member
2,728 Posts
OEM: parts made by Honda, not china.. Factory parts,, not knockoffs..
When i got gas problems, i use Beano.
:ROFLMAO: not really.. i just let er rip, an hope i don't get caught..
On The Serious Side; use non-ethanol gas.. it will save you problems..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts