Honda ATV Forum banner
21 - 21 of 21 Posts
2005 Rancher 350 ES 4x2
My issue is the brass insert molded into the gas tank is turning so I can't remove the petcock. I was going to clean out the screen and petcock, but, there is a threaded brass fitting for the mounting screw to fit into that has come loose from the tank with the screw still tight. The threaded fitting and screw all turn together. Has anyone come up with a solution other than a new tank?
2005 Rancher 350 ES 4x2
My issue is the brass insert molded into the gas tank is turning so I can't remove the petcock. I was going to clean out the screen and petcock, but, there is a threaded brass fitting for the mounting screw to fit into that has come loose from the tank with the screw still tight. The threaded fitting and screw all turn together. Has anyone come up with a solution other than a new tank?
I driled and filed the head off the bolt, where I could remove the petcock valve. filled around the brass insert with job weld, after it set up used vice grips to remove the rest of the bold. So far no problems

21 - 21 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.