Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just got partialy doen with my gas tank for my honda 300, i sanded it down, primed it, bottom coated ti and masked off and did a top coat, i wanted to try a 2 tone effect. The bottom coat i used metallic silver and the top coat i used Orange, im gonan put 1 more coat of the silver on before i finalize it.

ATTACH]84[/ATTACH] Before picture with it in blue.

ATTACH]85[/ATTACH] Where im at so far.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Wish my tank was metal so i could paint it.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Looks pretty good for rattle canning it. post up the finished product.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i cant afford those professionals lol ill clear coat it when i get done gonan redo the silver on the top and see how it turns out what yall think brighter silver or darker silver im thinking a lil darker

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
IF you rattle canned the tanks with gloss. clear coating is not going to do anything for it. just let it dry really well and water rub with 400 and recoat about 4 good coats total will shine very good. As far as the silve goes i would have went with Gunmetal. it's a dee silver based color.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
400 grit wet rubbing sandpaper. it's paper that you can submerse in water and it not fall apart.

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
When you wet sand it makes a better finish just cleanit really good after it dries and shoot away good luck.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
It is looking great! I would go a little darker on the silver.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts