Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for anyone who can answer it. I have a 2000 400EX. Just bought a new carburetor for it. The new carburetor has a bigger brass gas line fitting than the old one does. The "S" curved gas line barely fits over it, and in all reality is too small for the new fitting. Is there a different gas line for this? Thanks in advance for the help.

· Premium Member
4,390 Posts
You must have purchased a carb for a newer 400ex. The gas line to match would be one for an 05 or newer 400ex. I just noticed that the other day when looking at an old carb to my newer one. They also added a little filter in the end where the old had nothing also.

Reactions: retro

· Premium Member
4,390 Posts
No problem! Always glad to help! I also i was told (but i cannot confirm) that the carb bore is bigger on the 05+. 36mm to 38mm or something like that. But this was from a not so reliable source. Next time i remove my carb i will confirm this with the old one i have laying around off a 99.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.