Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a 89 TRX350D Fourtrax Foreman, just got 'er started and now shes squirting fuel everywhere, and wont stay idle for more than a fec seconds, will only run if I hold the throttle... any suggestions as to why its doing this? Im a new ATV owner, please forgive me if this seems silly. :confused:

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
First of all.....it's a Rancher. They don't have 350 Foremans. lol. But it's ok. Maybe the fuel line is split or gas tank is rusted out, or carb. is screwed up.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
87-89 TRX350D's are Foremans, Not ranchers, Ranchers also have the one spring in the rear end as where all foremans have the dual shocks. But you did have good advice, seems to be the fuel line.. good call, thanks again for the advice, I would have never looked there before ripping the plastic off. lol .

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Oh ok....my bad man. But now the 350's and 420's are Ranchers so I just assumed it was for that back then too. Hope you get it fixed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, its all good .... You had good advice, I found where the fuel was coming from, it was indeed a fuel line.. but its open. Open as in its the end of the line not attatched to anything and strapped to a couple of other lines on the left side of the frame under the plastic, there are 4 lines there together 2 are open, look like "breather" lines and the other 2 just keep goin to their destination, any ideas on why the fuel is coming out the end of this hose?

It only comes out after I let go of the starter button.

·
Premium Member
996 Posts
Well there is a line where if it overflows in carb. or something it will start to go out that line. Check the carb. out too I guess. At least you got the fuel line figured out, I'd ask a dealer man. I stuck. lol

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
I think the float in carb is stuck open. Does the fuel leak out when not running?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts