Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy. I recently bought a 2015 foreman used. Oil was changed shortly before I bought it and was fine when I bought it. Since I have put about 15-20 hours on this machine. I checked the oil today and noticed it was very thin, ran off the stick like water but still looked like oil. I drained the oil and noticed that it had gas in it. Has anybody else experience this? What could cause this. The fourwheeler runs fine and doesn’t smoke at all.

·
Super Moderator
37,574 Posts
Hey guy. I recently bought a 2015 foreman used. Oil was changed shortly before I bought it and was fine when I bought it. Since I have put about 15-20 hours on this machine. I checked the oil today and noticed it was very thin, ran off the stick like water but still looked like oil. I drained the oil and noticed that it had gas in it. Has anybody else experience this? What could cause this. The fourwheeler runs fine and doesn’t smoke at all.
i'm guessing your atv is fuel injected...correct ?, it should never have gas mixed in the oil !. if it was carb operated ?, then i would blame it on a sticking float needle. but seeing how its a 2015 model ?, it clearly should be fuel injected !. which tells me, it very well was sunk before you got your hands on it, and the po flushed ( or tried ? ) it out with gas ?, thats all i can think of ?.

·
Premium Member
12,466 Posts
Tuff one , like Shade says , if it were a carb engine then it would be the needle ------- if it is fuel injected , I don't have a clue , I don't have any fuel injected engines so I am no expert on them ----I would change the oil and monitor it closely and see if it happens again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts