Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So about a week ago I find an 07 Foreman footshift on a local FB page. Says it needs a seat and starter, for $1200. Had a title too, so I tell the guy I want it early Friday morning, and he says ok, and I tell him I'm on the way to get it. He says "No wait till Saturday or Sunday, I'm at work". I tell him ok.
Text him Friday afternoon, and he says someone else is on their way to look at it, and hasn't responded to a message since.

I FREAKING HATE POS's that do that. I didn't ask him to hold it, I told him I'd come get it as soon as it was ok with him. He told me Saturday, then sold it Friday. Typical FB/ Craigslist mouth breather.

So anyhow, couple of days ago I see another 500 being parted out about a two hours from me. Looks like most of it is there, so I asked the kid for a price on what was left. He said $350, and it was missing rear end, left front CV and knuckle, and no wheels and tires.

I told him I wanted it, and we exchanged information, and I went to pick it up yesterday afternoon. This 15 year old kid marked his ad "sold pending pickup" instead of being a usual craigslist mouth breather like the grown man with the first bike.

Anyhow, drove up to get it. Good frame. Bottom end of motor was still together and rod had no play. Cylinder was rusty, but might be able to be bored. Green fenders with about 5 coats of paint on them, but they're all there (I'll powerwash off the paint)

It was missing the parts he said, and it had a torn up Rincon seat with it, and was missing a few other small odds and ends, but I have a slew of parts around the shop for this generation of Foreman since that's what I ride.

It's going in the shop till I get caught up on all these other bikes I have in the yard, but I already have 99% of the parts it needs, so I'll probably go through it, clean it up, reassemble, and either flip it, or more likely, sell it to one of my needy friends cheap so they'll can upgrade from an older bike.

Also got a 400 motor with the deal. Kid said the 500 clutches were on the 400 motor. I'm going to go through both of them anyway, so I'll fix whatever is wrong. 400 crank was tight too, so not a bad haul.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
What kills me is the bikes in Louisiana. I see complete 500's down there that need work, but sell for $600-700. There an 06 listed on FB right now for $650 that runs but smokes.

I guess there are so many mud bikes in Louisiana that they are cheap down there.

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
$ 350 ?, that's a good deal, question is, how much is it gonna cost ya to replace stuff ??..lol. I paid 600 cash, 4 hour drive one-way, and a chit load of cash for new parts for my '05 trx500fm. they all are cheap up front, but cost us a ton in the long run !..lol. I have not forgot about my trip over to ya ?, but I got my hands full on my camper roof again, as I told ya on the phone :). my hats off to you, and everyone that checks up on me from time to time when I go MIA !..LOL. thanks bro, and thank you everyone for caring where I am !.

·
Premium Member
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You beat the rain with that camper top?

As for this foreman, it needs a right front CV axle (already have), a seat (already have, but rough), a complete rear end (already have), a front rack (already have, rough), a right front knuckle (need), wheels and tires (will figure that one out later).

Of course there will be all the seals and a timing chain, battery, etc etc.

If I were starting from scratch I'd say it's parts.

Since I already have most of what it's missing, I'll probably end up building it, but it's gonna be a while. I have other projects that have to be completed first, so this one is going in the shed (and not even my shed, but my sister's "long term storage" shed so it's not in the way).

Good to see you checking in. Still raining here. Hope you got that roof fixed!

·
Premium Member
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
If I do build it, it's going to be a runner. Plastics will likely be faded and scratched (have to see what they look like under the paint) and I'm not going to spend much, if anything, on cosmetics.

The other downside to building it is a lot of the extra parts I've hoarded to keep my existing bikes running will be used to fix this one......

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
You beat the rain with that camper top?

As for this foreman, it needs a right front CV axle (already have), a seat (already have, but rough), a complete rear end (already have), a front rack (already have, rough), a right front knuckle (need), wheels and tires (will figure that one out later).

Of course there will be all the seals and a timing chain, battery, etc etc.

If I were starting from scratch I'd say it's parts.

Since I already have most of what it's missing, I'll probably end up building it, but it's gonna be a while. I have other projects that have to be completed first, so this one is going in the shed (and not even my shed, but my sister's "long term storage" shed so it's not in the way).

Good to see you checking in. Still raining here. Hope you got that roof fixed!
will start ripping the roof off it first thing in the morning come day light, then replace/fix/repair...then I hope to have it in the dry by the end of this weekend ?..lol.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts