Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many in removing the petcock bolts the spud turned in the tank. In spinning it out with the impact and leverage I got it out and started thinking of a way to fix. I ended up measuring the hole and decided a 9/16 bolt would thread into the tank. Good luck trying to find one local. I ended up turning a 5/8 cold roll down to 9/16 and threading 9/16 x12NC. I center drilled to tap M6x1, cut to length, and created a screw driver slot in the top. After using the the new insert to cut
Automotive tire Body jewelry Wood Jewellery Auto part
Automotive tire Wood Trunk Water Tree
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Wood Bumper Grey
threads into the plastic tank I removed and applied plastic epoxy to help hold it in place.
If I had the correct stuff, I believe a brass insert threaded left hand would be better but didn't have the brass and the mini lathe gears are trash at the time.
I hope this might help you guys that run into this problem or have.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
馃槑awesome fix never seen it repaired like that before
馃槑awesome fix never seen it repaired like that before
Thank you, I hope this might help a few guys out. I searched the site to figure out how to repair because I didn't want to epoxy it and definitely didn't want to buy a new tank, but didn't find anything on it. The reason I joined and posted this is hopefully the idea can help a few out and save the cost of a tank and safer than epoxy in my opinion.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts