Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I pulled the fuel strainer from the tank of a 2006 TRX 350 and it was falling apart. I don't mind paying for a new Honda part (actully that's a lie, I do mind) but wondered if there was a better aftermarket product that would hold up better? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I doubt they make any aftermarket screens for the tank or I've never seen them, anyway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. My 2006 TRX350FE won't start after sitting for some time. I am checking the easiest things first (fuel strainer, fuel line), but expect I have clogged jets in the carb. I spray carb cleaner and it will start and run for a few seconds and then die. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Thanks for the reply. My 2006 TRX350FE won't start after sitting for some time. I am checking the easiest things first (fuel strainer, fuel line), but expect I have clogged jets in the carb. I spray carb cleaner and it will start and run for a few seconds and then die. Any thoughts?
Yeah, if it's been sitting for a while, the carb is likely stopped up. I would remove it and give it a good cleaning. The fact that it starts for a few seconds when you spray carb cleaner in it tells me the carb is stopped up. That is, as long as it's getting fuel from the tank into the carb.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Any thoughts on my not replacing the tank fuel screen/strainer ($20 Honda part) and putting an inline fuel filter in the fuel hose from the tank to the carb? Would I be accomplishing the same result or am I missing something?

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Any thoughts on my not replacing the tank fuel screen/strainer ($20 Honda part) and putting an inline fuel filter in the fuel hose from the tank to the carb? Would I be accomplishing the same result or am I missing something?
The only problem is that your fuel cut off valve might eventually get clogged up. Other than that, I can't foresee any other problems.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good point. I just hate paying over $20 for what seems like a weak piece of junk product. Maybe I just had a bad strainer because there doesn't seem to be a better aftermarket product or other owners who have experienced the same problem. ??

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Good point. I just hate paying over $20 for what seems like a weak piece of junk product. Maybe I just had a bad strainer because there doesn't seem to be a better aftermarket product or other owners who have experienced the same problem. ??
I've seen that happen on older, late '80s models, but nothing as new as the 2006.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts