Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my new 2015 Foreman Rubicon I'm not seeing any type of "switch" to switch to reserve tank. Am I missing something here? I know it's all one fuel system and there is no separate tank. The manual just says "3.9 gallons, including 1.3-gallon reserve". I saw that some of the older models actually have a reserve switch that you turn.

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
I wonder if there is a LOW fuel idiot light? that comes on when you would get to a normal reserve level?

rather than have a peacock to flip, it just tells you your LOW??
JUST a guess here??

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
HAHA< yup well we all I think have a fuel gauge, MINE however I cannot see, as the clear lens got very cloudy as the yrs went by, so its useless now LOL
I just learned to check fuel before every ride!, and then after about 20 miles or so, start looking at the level!
ON any LONG ride I carry extra fuel , better to have and not need than walk out LOL

·
Registered
7,154 Posts
Yeah my old 350 is like that too, I just use a stick for accurate measuring LOL.

I don't think it's glass though, just plastic...so you could sand it down and clear coat it to fix it.

·
Registered
8,309 Posts
Mac yup, mines plastic too, but I don't care enough to try and sand it to clear it up
, hell a few yrs back I left my sisters 5 yr old kid paint over it LOL

·
Registered
141 Posts
I might be wrong here, but gonna go out on a limb and say that the fuel injected models do not have a reserve switch. Just on or off.

·
Registered
282 Posts
When you get to the last bar it will blink and say lo fuel
What he said^^^ not sure how trusting I would be about the amount of fuel left when it starts blinking... You could figure it out by measuring how much it takes to refill.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts