Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 rancher won't start, I had a container that I needed to fill, had some old gas in it. Now it won't start. A friend stopped by and I told him my problem, he said he would look at it. Came in with the fuel line in hand with broken parts in them. I have replaced the parts needed and installed a new fuel line. Still won't start. Any and all help will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Ted

Premium Member
Didn't totally understand yer post yooper spell check didya wrong.
but might have some air in the fuel line or flooded. Pull the sparkie and see if wet; wipe off reinstall.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, T can hear the fuel pump when I turn the key on. When I press start button it seems to want to start, but doesn't. Is would line to pull the line from the joint injector (Part#16422-HR3-A41) I do have a service manual for my unit and read how to disconnect the fuel line, I just can't figure out how to get to do it.

Premium Member
Will it start with a small shot of starting fluid into the air intake?

My guess I'd that your fuel has gone stale in the fuel pump cup and is now clogging something. I tried to clean my neighbors Rancher fuel pump and it was a waste of time. Had to buy a new pump for it.

Rick

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts