Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am "rebuilding/restoring " an 86 atc 350x for a family member. It was her late husband's, and for the most part it seems to be complete. Is anybody familiar with these, and if so does it take two collars on the axle shaft? All that was in it was one, and the wheel seemed to be off center in the forks. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
takes two, a short collar, and a long collar. just look your make/model up on any Honda parts place on micro fich, and you will see all the parts that are supposed to be on it :). that engine uses 4 valves !. two intake valves, and two exhaust valves. same motor they put in the 1986-1989 trx350 fourtrax and foremans :).

Reactions: Elbravo86

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so it looks like it only had the long one. Do you know anybody or anywhere I might be able to purchase the short one? Seems to be unavailable everywhere I've looked.

·
Super Moderator
5,062 Posts
As an alternative you could use 304 stainless steel tube, it will colour (rust) the same as the other parts (but won't rot) and will also work harden as the machine is used.

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
Ok so it looks like it only had the long one. Do you know anybody or anywhere I might be able to purchase the short one? Seems to be unavailable everywhere I've looked.
salvage yards or ebay is your best bet for used parts for your atc :).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts