Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have stock 12 in pioneer rims on my bike if I put the disc conversion will I have to get new rims r will the ones I have fit

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I have stock 12 in pioneer rims on my bike if I put the disc conversion will I have to get new rims r will the ones I have fit
need more info. what model atv? and are the stock pioneer rims aluminum? or steel?

·
Registered
7,152 Posts
As long as they are steel wheels you should be fine, I’ll assume that you made sure the brake kit fits your machine already otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did not buy them yet but everything I researched they fit on the bike what is the difference between it fitting with steel and aluminum

·
Registered
7,152 Posts
I did not buy them yet but everything I researched they fit on the bike what is the difference between it fitting with steel and aluminum

The aluminum rims are thicker, therefore the ID of the wheel is smaller. There is a slight interference with the calliper for the disk brakes. I wouldn’t doubt you could shave some material off the calliper and make it work, but that’s not technically by the book lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,286 Posts
mac102004 The aluminum rims are thicker said:
Grinding on the caliper is by the book now , at least the instruction booklet that comes with new SuperATV kits , which says to grind the corner of the caliper with aluminum rims

I use 1 inch wheel spacers on all of my disc conversions , with spacers it is no problem

·
Premium Member
12,286 Posts
So with a 1 inch spacer it will work without grinding
I don't know what atv you have ............... from personal experiences , I know a 1 inch wheel spacer works with aluminum rims and a SuperATV disc kit on a 1st , 2nd or 3rd TRX300 2wd or 4wd , or 1st or 2nd gen TRX450S or FM

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
fishfiles
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing