Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does the tube at the top do and how can I fix it? The piece that the tube connects to broke off.
2004 Foreman Rubicon

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
What does the tube at the top do and how can I fix it? The piece that the tube connects to broke off.
2004 Foreman Rubicon
It's probably the vent line.

·
Super Moderator
18,228 Posts
Sorry about the dumb question... yeah i would say it's the vent as well. If it's number 45 I'd say so that's a hose leading to where you may be talking about.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Does it run up to a plastic tee? If it does you can replace the tee or just get a longer vent line and run it up under the gas tank or wherever it runs to. If it runs to a plastic tee, you can buy those at any auto parts store.

·
Super Moderator
18,228 Posts
Ok if it's stuck in the hose just remove it and JB Weld it back onto the case let it sit for a day or so and put te hose back on.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Oh ok, he was talking about the other end where it goes on to the differential. I thought he meant the other end of the vent line. Yeah, JB Weld may work. Just don't stop the line up with it.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
At any local hardware store and it's cheap.Like $5.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
Man I thought everybody knew about JB Weld.LOL.Your welcome.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
I looked at the link and where has it been all of my life...........Thanks guys
I don't know how you have missed seeing it. It has been around for years and it works real good. Just make sure what you are fixing is real clean, free of oil and grease, and it should hold good. I have fixed holes in ATV engine blocks with it and it will hold as long as you clean real good where you are applying it.

They also make JB Kwik Weld, which is the same thing, but it dries a lot faster.

This stuff is handy for all kinds of repairs. I keep JB Weld in my toolbox. I think it might have been Paul Harvey that said, "keep a tube of JB Weld and a roll of duct tape in the glove box of your car, and never be stranded again".

1 - 20 of 28 Posts