Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey my name is mark and im looking for new ways to get more ot of my 300ex she is 2001 i have new chain sprokets handle bars hand grips hand gards.
Im lookng at puting a 330 big bore kit with a stage 1 cam and stage 1 CDI
with a oil cooler. The only thing im stuck on is the oil pump im looking to see if anyone one knows anything about the oil pumps in the 300ex and if u can get more out of them or is there others out there that push more oil

thank u for your time
Ride hard or Die trying

ur friend from nova scotia
Mark:moshiz:

·
Registered
347 Posts
the site expanding internationally!!!!!!!!!! Welcome! invite your friends!

·
Premium Member
7,533 Posts
Welcome to the forums. We have quit a few guys on hear with some built 250X ands300ex atvs so someone should be able to help you out.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Muds the welcoming comitee :icon_rolleyes::biggrin:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thank u all im glad to be hear and to feel at home thank u all

·
Premium Member
7,533 Posts
You will find we pick and cutup with one another and give great advice. There is some great info on this forum and some fart smeller's I mean smart fellers on hear. LOL

·
Registered
347 Posts
Any good places to ride up in Canada???

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
all kinda of fun place to see and ride we leave here in amherts and do alot fo 2 or 3 day trips on the bikes fun time

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Welcome to the forums!!!!!

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
Welcome to the family!

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
u should do all that and bore it and port and polish it to and chang sprokets to 14 36 with 20s tires on the back u his 70 on it if u do all that lol i do

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
I haven't seen anything on High volume oil pumps but i don't think you have to worry about the oil pump in our mchines even on the back wheels you'll be fine, just keep the crankcase full.

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
u should do all that and bore it and port and polish it to and chang sprokets to 14 36 with 20s tires on the back u his 70 on it if u do all that lol i do
No he won't hit 70, I think your 300EX is the only one that can hit 70. Even professionally built National ready 300EX's cannot hit that.You are talking nearly doubleing the speed of the machine, not going to happen.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
70mph is only 113km per hour my bike does 110 stock with my tire and sprokets so ya i can belive it be cause i was clocked by RCMP here in nova scotia

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
You're saying that your 300EX does that stock??? I'm truly sorry to break it to you but the 450 stock does about 72. The 300 is not going to be in the high 60's. The 400 is in the high 60s.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
a 400ex will do 120km hour i think u better re look ur things

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,616 Posts
You seriously think that a 400ex does 74mph???

All of the 450's (stock)top out at about 74. The 400EX gets smoked by the 450R.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts