Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I sold my '84 Honda 200M ATC and bought a '88 Honda Fourtrax. Joined the forum to get some help with fixing this up and get some answers.

Step one - Find parts diagrams so I can see if everything on here is the correct part (I suspect the gas tank is actually for another model) and have parts numbers for missing plastic (such as the battery cover and possibly tool box, that's what that area was on my 3 wheeler) or replacing broken parts (brake cable).

Got a great deal on the Fourtrax and I'm really excited about fixing it up. My wife's just glad I have 4 wheels since she considered the 3wheeler a death trap.

All tips/tricks/hints/help welcome!

·
Super Moderator
38,618 Posts
Today I sold my '84 Honda 200M ATC and bought a '88 Honda Fourtrax. Joined the forum to get some help with fixing this up and get some answers.

Step one - Find parts diagrams so I can see if everything on here is the correct part (I suspect the gas tank is actually for another model) and have parts numbers for missing plastic (such as the battery cover and possibly tool box, that's what that area was on my 3 wheeler) or replacing broken parts (brake cable).

Got a great deal on the Fourtrax and I'm really excited about fixing it up. My wife's just glad I have 4 wheels since she considered the 3wheeler a death trap.

All tips/tricks/hints/help welcome!
rocky mountain atv, or partszilla to look up parts for this year model. the biggest thing you will face is getting new parts for this year model, as most parts for it are discontinued today. you will be hard pressed to find new oem parts from honda seeing how old it is. after 10 yrs, no dealership will touch them, it will be used parts all the way, unless you luck out, and find NOS parts on ebay ? AND THEY WONT COME CHEAP !!. sellers on ebay know full well they are discontinued, and charge you out the ying yang for the part !.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
rocky mountain atv, or partszilla to look up parts for this year model. the biggest thing you will face is getting new parts for this year model, as most parts for it are discontinued today. you will be hard pressed to find new oem parts from honda seeing how old it is. after 10 yrs, no dealership will touch them, it will be used parts all the way, unless you luck out, and find NOS parts on ebay ? AND THEY WONT COME CHEAP !!. sellers on ebay know full well they are discontinued, and charge you out the ying yang for the part !.
Thank you for the advice!
I've run into these same problems with my ATCs. Search and search until something pops up that's decent. The gas tank is number one priority... previous owner got tired of trying to fix it and rigged up a plastic gas can on the front rack as the gas tank. :oops: Not a bad temporary fix, but he had painted it and secured it in a manner that I think it was his permanent solution. If I get time I'll post pictures.

This toy came with two different tires on the back end, Turfbuster on one side and Knobby on the other. It's been a coupla years since I priced tires and was surprised how much the prices have jumped up. Both tires are old enough to be discontinued, but I can find similar Knobbys on SimpleTire. Interestingly these tires are the same size as the ones on the back end of my ATCs (200M, 200ES). It doesn't bother me right now that they look different. I'm going to use this as an opportunity to see which ones work better out there in real life. Hopefully we'll get that 3-4" of rain from the tropical storm and I'll get a chance to try them in some mud. So far they do just fine in the dust.... 😁

Thanks for the reply and as always, All tips/tricks/hints/help welcome!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts