Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been having electrical trouble with this Foutrax 300FW and the regulator is bad. We've gone through 3 batteries in the course of a year, and just yesterday, the last one died. We went to pick up a new one, plugged it in, but when i turn the key, there is NO power to the lights or neutral lights/oil lights. When the winch cables were plugged in, the winch worked, which means the battery is not the issue. I checked the fuses and they were all fine. It would not be likely that a wire got corroded since this thing has been running without an issue (aside from the regulator of course) for years. I can get the starter motor running by shorting the solenoid, but I don't like doing that. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Premium Member
With ignition on Do you have 12V power at the DC consent (accessory) plug? If so id check the 2 fuses in front of the battery. One is main and the other is accessory power circuit

If not, I would strip off the tank and front fender first and start looking for chewed wires.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
With ignition on Do you have 12V power at the DC consent (accessory) plug? If so id check the 2 fuses in front of the battery. One is main and the other is accessory power circuit

If not, I would strip off the tank and front fender first and start looking for chewed wires.
I do have power at the accessory plug. The fuses are fine and there is no chewed wires. I think there may be a bad oil temp sensor, causing the alarm box unit to cut power to the cdi box. When I short the solenoid it turns over so there is power there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts