Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was changing the oil on my 4trax 300 I found some holes on undersid of the frame.:icon_cussing: 2 are pretty good size almost half the tube. Are they repairable or should I start my search for a new used frame?

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
are they drilled holes or rusted holes? I beleive they are for draining purposes by the factory. Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the welcome. I only wish they were drilled holes, it's rust. The smaller ones I was planning on sanding out the rust, use some metal epoxy and paint over. I'm nt sure about the larger ones. What I paid for the machine if I had to buy a used frame from someone I'd still have less than a grand in it. The machine has a whole runs and drives great! Just found the bad spots on the frame.

·
Registered
224 Posts
i wouldnt worry about it until it cracks, bends, etc. i would sand them down, then take a piece of sheet metal and weld it on

·
Registered
3,572 Posts
Thats what i do, get some 1' WIDE x 1/8" thick flat clean the area really good weld one side and form the steel around the bad area then weld that side in, just fixed cracks in my TRX450ER frame and its working great.

·
Registered
224 Posts
hope you have fun!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks a lot guys. I started taking it apart tonite so I can sand and repaint some other rusted areas before they become a problem. My 17 month old daughters is enjoying "helping" daddy...by running off with tools I need. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
One of the kids evidently hit something with our 80's model four trax. One side of the brush guard is pushed into the frame making the plastic body pop out. What can I do to straighten this mess out? Any help would be appreciated.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts