Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 99 foutrax 300. Have fire going to and from the key switch, but no dash lights, headlights/taillights, and the push button start has no power going to it. Once I kick start it, I have power everywhere. Lights work, everything. And if I press the start button when running, I can hear the starter turning. New battery and solenoid. Any ideas? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 99 foutrax 300. Have fire going to and from the key switch, but no dash lights, headlights/taillights, and the push button start has no power going to it. Once I kick start it, I have power everywhere. Lights work, everything. And if I press the start button when running, I can hear the starter turning. New battery and solenoid. Any ideas? Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!
I had a problem very similar to that last winter, ended up being the main power wires back by the battery that have the inline fuse in it. Everything looked good but turns out everything was corroded and wires had rotted out inside the insulation. Check all wires for power at solenoid, not the positive battery cable that should be fine.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Get yourself one of those 12v test lights that look like an ice pick with a wire and alligator clip. VOMs are great tools but can be misleading when troubleshooting. My Dad once told me, "You can get voltage through horse piss but it's the current you need."

1 - 3 of 3 Posts