Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I was looking at my TRX350 today in the garage and noticed it was sitting crooked on one side.. i mean i looked at it from behind and saw it was sitting crooked on right hand side(from behind) ... i was thinking at first i was the body that got shifted to that side... i dont know .. help? Might be the frame is crooked , i hope not ...

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
welcome to the forums. how's the shocks ?, they tend to wear out on those heavy models.

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
worse case ?, your rear swing arm bearings or front swing arm bearings are bad :).

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Shock seems good , maybe a bit soft , but i dont think thats what makes it crooked on one side... do you have a picture of a bent fender stay .. to compare.. i will take a picture of how my quad sits and post it for you guys to see it ..

and thanks to all of you for the welcome and replies i really appreciate it!

·
Premium Member
4,702 Posts
Fender stay is a 4 inch metal horn that bolts to and supports the fender corners. If the frame bolt is loosened or bent that corner of the fender will be misaligned. My unit was rolled so both stays on one side were bent. don't bend them unless you unbolt the fender or you'll crack the fender.
Measure from the floor to the frame at various points to see what exactly is misaligned. Top of tires, front shock mounts, fenders any point where you can use to figure out what's bent or squashed. Could even be a wrong tire size or improperly inflated. Make sure your tires are equally inflated 2.5 psi max I think manual says

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your input guys , i think that you are right its the fender ... i looked under and one of them is bent as hell , you can see it on the pictures that on the right the plastic is sitting on the frame and on the left its sitting above the frame between 1/2 and 3/4 inch,

https://postimg.org/gallery/2ejq1k7sk/

I hope im right!

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
that's not the fender !..lol. can you take a pic of the right rear rack mounting bracket like you did the left rear side. something tells me, your rack is broken loose from the frame.

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
in one of your pics, the trunk box is not straight !.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats the first thing that i noticed and what brought me to look at the rear end further... yeah ill take a pic of of it for sure, it would make sense if the rack is loose of the frame it would bring down the body ... but that much i dont know it looks a lot to me .. but hey what do i know im asking on here because i dont hahahah

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
Thats the first thing that i noticed and what brought me to look at the rear end further... yeah ill take a pic of of it for sure, it would make sense if the rack is loose of the frame it would bring down the body ... but that much i dont know it looks a lot to me .. but hey what do i know im asking on here because i dont hahahah
I have a feeling your right rear rack mounting tube is busted off the frame ?, and it's causing the weight to shift to the right. that big ole box with what in it ?, lol..does not help much !..lol. take the lead outta the box !.lmfaooo.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Theres nothing in the box as of now .
Only a pair of gloves and a fishing reel ... im gonna have to look at that frame ... you think its the frame or just the rack piece that broke off ..

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
Theres nothing in the box as of now .
Only a pair of gloves and a fishing reel ... im gonna have to look at that frame ... you think its the frame or just the rack piece that broke off ..
the rack support/mounting tube ?, or where it bolts to the frame is what I think ?.

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
Thanks in going to look at that tomorrow .. if thats the case im gonna weld it back to the frame ... ;)
yep, I've had a couple trx350 ranchers do that to the rack mounting bolt area, its not hard to weld back on, pretty easy. I had to weld a nut on my project frame last night where the muffler mounts ?, and they did not give me much room to get to it with my wire welder tip !..lmao. but the trx350 ranchers are simple to re-weld.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts