Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to change my scratched faded red plastics out for 97 to 2000 with standard mud guards, is there anything I need to know?

For my 93 2WD 300.

·
Super Moderator
37,155 Posts
yeah....finding some new fenders maybe ??..lol.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I meant, if late model fenders will fit a 93

·
Super Moderator
37,155 Posts
you might have to drill some mounting holes to fit the brackets ?, but for the most part, it should bolt right on.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you might have to drill some mounting holes to fit the brackets ?, but for the most part, it should bolt right on.
thought it was bolt on but if u mean the fender stay brackets I think all the 300s are the same.

·
Super Moderator
37,155 Posts

·
Registered
7,152 Posts
All 300 plastics are interchangeable, the tanks are not, but everything else is. fender flare holes are different between the smooth and humped flares, so you would need to drill new holes to change them, or buy fenders with the correct flares on them. 88-95 used smooth flares, 96-00 are humped. 88-97 red is not the same as 98-00 red, they are close but don't mix-match parts or they will look funky.

·
Super Moderator
37,155 Posts
All 300 plastics are interchangeable, the tanks are not, but everything else is. fender flare holes are different between the smooth and humped flares, so you would need to drill new holes to change them, or buy fenders with the correct flares on them. 88-95 used smooth flares, 96-00 are humped. 88-97 red is not the same as 98-00 red, they are close but don't mix-match parts or they will look funky.
I knew the tanks were not the same , just wasn't sure about the fender stays ?, I have not had my hands on a trx300 in awhile , but will when I ever get to my '88 trx300fw !..lol.

·
Registered
7,152 Posts

I knew the tanks were not the same , just wasn't sure about the fender stays ?, I have not had my hands on a trx300 in awhile , but will when I ever get to my '88 trx300fw !..lol.

I wouldn’t doubt the fender stays changed but where they mount to the fenders didn’t. I don’t usually run them personally, I like to run floorboards and zip tie the fenders to those for better tire clearance lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
37,155 Posts

I wouldn’t doubt the fender stays changed but where they mount to the fenders didn’t. I don’t usually run them personally, I like to run floorboards and zip tie the fenders to those for better tire clearance lol

i coulda sworn honda changed the length of the stays ?, could also be wrong ?..oh well...this is why i dont swap parts around, i try to stay with same model/year ..lol.

·
Registered
7,152 Posts

i coulda sworn honda changed the length of the stays ?, could also be wrong ?..oh well...this is why i dont swap parts around, i try to stay with same model/year ..lol.

They could have, like I said all I know is that where they mount on the fenders themselves didn’t change, where they mount on the frame could have changed between 1st and 2nd gen 300’s. I don’t mess with the 1st gen bikes much, I prefer the 94-97 machines.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that's what I needed to know, thanks man. I was hoping tan but the rear fender isn't available anymore NOS 😞

·
Registered
7,152 Posts
that's what I needed to know, thanks man. I was hoping tan but the rear fender isn't available anymore NOS 😞

To buy a full set of NOS plastics your talking some serious serious cash. There’s a bunch of guys down in the southern US that pretty much bought up everything that was available as far as plastics and tanks go and they only sell for big $ now. 5 years ago it was a totally different story, you could pretty well order any colour. Even the flares themselves are $200+ NOS.

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts

To buy a full set of NOS plastics your talking some serious serious cash. There’s a bunch of guys down in the southern US that pretty much bought up everything that was available as far as plastics and tanks go and they only sell for big $ now. 5 years ago it was a totally different story, you could pretty well order any colour. Even the flares themselves are $200+ NOS.

Actually wasn't that bad as recent as a year or so ago. New front fender was $125ish. Rear was about $140. Now the grill and toolbox lid were pricey for small bits. Something like $75-80 each, but a new kick start cover was only about $23-24.

I was going to get new tan fenders and kick start and used trunk lid and grill to change over a red 300 to tan, but then I found a tan 97 in good shape so I just bought it instead.

Looks like everything but green has dried up on the fenders. Tan is still available for the front.

The dang flares are what kills me. $60 each.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Actually wasn't that bad as recent as a year or so ago. New front fender was $125ish. Rear was about $140. Now the grill and toolbox lid were pricey for small bits. Something like $75-80 each, but a new kick start cover was only about $23-24.

I was going to get new tan fenders and kick start and used trunk lid and grill to change over a red 300 to tan, but then I found a tan 97 in good shape so I just bought it instead.

Looks like everything but green has dried up on the fenders. Tan is still available for the front.

The dang flares are what kills me. $60 each.
yea lol I know

1 - 15 of 15 Posts