Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear axel shaft is stripped on the right side on the bike and I can't get the hub nut on tight it just keeps spinning, anyone have a fix for this or am I looking at buying a new shaft?

·
Registered
405 Posts
You can weld the nut onto the shaft but that would only be a temporary fix. Generally need to order a new one they are in the 100-120 dollar range last time I checked.

·
Premium Member
12,647 Posts
a machine shop could repair the threads but it would cost more than the axle is worth , unless you know someone that you could get it done free , I have seen them weld up the threads then re cut them , or cut the threads off , make a bushing and weld it to the axle then cut new threads onto the bushing ---------I would weld it up and let it roll till I needed a bearing / seal job and fix it at the point , doing that would also give you time to find and gather all the parts to do the job

·
Premium Member
6,522 Posts
Does anyone make a 350 Foreman rear axle anymore? Looks like the part is obsolete.

I know I've seen someone selling ring and pinion sets for them recently that were a special run they had custom made, but not sure about axles.

I would take it to a machine shop and have them fix it, or weld the nut on and keep an eye out for a good used one. You'll need one sooner or later when you have to replace bearings.

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
Does anyone make a 350 Foreman rear axle anymore? Looks like the part is obsolete.

I know I've seen someone selling ring and pinion sets for them recently that were a special run they had custom made, but not sure about axles.

I would take it to a machine shop and have them fix it, or weld the nut on and keep an eye out for a good used one. You'll need one sooner or later when you have to replace bearings.
old school trx350 foremans ?, ( 1986-1989 ) ?.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ya it's an 89 fourtrax 350 seen a few used ones online and I have a parts quad lined up to purchase soon just looking for a fix for the summer,

·
Premium Member
6,522 Posts
He said it's a 350 and it's in the Fourtrax section so I assumed it was an old one.

If it's a 350 Rancher just buy another axle. New they're $120. Used probably 1/2 that on ebay.

·
Super Moderator
38,518 Posts
Ya it's an 89 fourtrax 350 seen a few used ones online and I have a parts quad lined up to purchase soon just looking for a fix for the summer,
I've got an axle put back for a spare, I know they are discontinued !..lol. and nooooooo, I won't sell it !..lol.

Reactions: Jeepwm69
1 - 8 of 8 Posts