Honda ATV Forum banner

Fourtrax 300

895 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  fishfiles 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, I have a 99 2x4 fourtrax 300. It says its a 300x but can't find that as an option on parts site. It is the same as a fw just 2x4.
Also looking to make it 4x4 and have found a good parts bike with a blown motor but its a 95 and also need a new rear end... would my motor and rear end work?

#3 ·
to make the 2wd into a 4wd isn't an easy chore but doable , you have to start with the 4wd frame as it is different from the 2wd frame , the engine of the 2wd would have to be split and the output drive from the 4wd put onto the 2wd engine along with the left side cover , people have told me if you lay the engine on it's side and be real careful you can pull the output housing off the engine without all the gears inside falling all over the place

#4 ·
Thanks fishfiles. I didn't know about the output I thought it was going to be simple as changing the covers but once I get that far I'm sure I can find plenty of info on here... this site is AWESOME. Any chance you know of a forum or site that would give good info on making a custom lift? I'm not about to pay 1500+ to have one made but a good list of instructions I could do it myself

#5 ·
If you find that , please forward it to me --------------- the 2wd output shaft doesn't line up with a 4wd swing arm boot , it is a shame as it really isn't that much off -----Iforgot is a member on this site , he made a 4wd engine into a 2wd and put it in a 4wd frame , his thread is on here search his name , read that thread and reverse the procedure

#7 ·
You right Black out , he has a want-be FW , it is still an A, so right now it's a TRX300AX , soon to be a TRX300FWX ----

Hey Wes , stick around the forum and gets some pics going along the way of your build , I know I would find it interesting ! in fact I have a 2wd and a 4wd engine on the table right now , that I was planning on doing the same thing as you , my 4wd has a bad crank , the 2wd has a good lower , plan on making a 4wd out the two

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.