Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Just joined! I have a Fourtrax 200 Type 2 I just bought and would be interested in what year it is. Where can I find that on the quad anyplace? Serial Number maybe? Anyone know where it is located?

Also, would like some new rear tires but the size is evidentally not that common as I am not finding many online. Tires on it presently say 22X9-8. Any suggestions on a decent tire that isn't a fortune?

Thanks everyone!

·
Super Moderator
18,227 Posts
Welcome to the forums

Try looking for a decal located on one of the front frame tubes. as for the tires is that the front size? the rears and fronts are 2 different sizes. try somewhere like www.tiresunlimited.com/default.htm they usually have a pretty big selection

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Welcome to the forums. The VIN should be stamped into the front bumper or behind the front bumper on a cross piece between the two vertical frame rails. If you find it, get the 10th digit (letter or number) and I can tell you the year.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK - I will check that tonight and see if I can find the numbers in either of those places.

The tire size I mentioned was for the back. Tires do indeed look to be different sizes. The rims appear to be different sizes as well - is that normal??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Found the year. It is a 1995. Now I want to get new tires but having a problem finding them for the 8 inch rear rims. Posted a new thread about that. Thinking of maybe switching to 10 inch rears if that is possible so I have better options on tires.

Anyone do that before?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 96 fourtrax 200 type 2. Unfortunately with the 8" rear wheels our options are limited. I went with 22x11x8 itp mudlites. I originally picked up a set of gbc dirt devils but they have a more aggressive side lug and rubbed on the box and exhaust. So I swithed with the mudlites I had on my atc 125m and no more rub. Tires perform great too. I can go through quite a bit of mud and snow for being a 2wd.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts