Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i have 88 fourtrax that when you turn the key on it will fire once then stop. when you turn the key off (or kill switch) and then back on it will fire once more. i have pulled the plug out and grounded it to the engine and watched it do this. once it sparks the first time it wont do it again until i turn off the switch or key then turn it back on. any ideas what would be causing this?

·
Super Moderator
18,228 Posts
What type of fourtrax year and model??? Welcome to the forums.. I would check the reverse switch or make sure you are not in reverse

·
Premium Member
38,518 Posts
i have 88 fourtrax that when you turn the key on it will fire once then stop. when you turn the key off (or kill switch) and then back on it will fire once more. i have pulled the plug out and grounded it to the engine and watched it do this. once it sparks the first time it wont do it again until i turn off the switch or key then turn it back on. any ideas what would be causing this?
you need a new c.d.i..i've seen this happen so many times..replace your c.d.i..and this will fix it...make sure you get the same year and make..different year c.d.i's wont work on these older models.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Yeah, sounds like the CDI to me, too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts