Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to replace my worn out factory tires on my 2007 Rancher. Have an opportunity to buy a brand new set of 2018 Foreman tires/wheels.

Tire sizes on my Rancher are currently 24x8-12 and 24x10-11 in the rear.
Foreman sizes are 25x8-12 and 25x10-12 in the rear.

Will these fit? Any issues such as increased rollover chances or loss of speed/handling/safety?

Is this a good thing to do? Help!

Thanks!

Premium Member
Yes i did it with my work Rancher 350 looks beautimous

Now im not sure about the offsets i think the IRS models have more or less. These wheels came off a 00 Foreman 450S

Attachments

Registered
If the 2018 Foreman is NOT an IRS machine, get them. Great upgrade for a Rancher. Will bolt right on and look perfect.

If it IS an IRS machine, you can still use them but would have to have spacers for the rear wheels (not worth it in my opinion)

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
They are coming off a straight axle Foreman.

What the the advantages of using Foreman wheels?

Why didn鈥檛 the Honda engineers use them? I usually stay OEM on stuff. Thanks!

Registered
They are coming off a straight axle Foreman.

What the the advantages of using Foreman wheels?

Why didn鈥檛 the Honda engineers use them? I usually stay OEM on stuff. Thanks!
Very few tires made for 11" wheels, HUGE number of tires available for 12" wheels.

That's really the only benefit, but it's a big one.

No idea why Honda still puts 11" wheels on the back of the Ranchers. Makes absolutely no sense.

You can see pics of my daughter's 350 with Foreman wheels here.

https://www.hondaatvforums.net/forums/builds-projects-diy/99586-yet-another-project-lol-05-350-rancher-6.html#post1190754

I have 12" Rincon wheels on my wife's 420AT with IRS. For your 07 ES 420 the SRA Foreman wheels will be perfect.

Registered
Yep X2 get the Foreman wheel set and don't look back.

The only reason I've been able to figure for the 11" rim is that with the 24" tires it gives just a tad more sidewall. But I run 23" tires on 12" rims which is even less sidewall and I have zero issues.

Registered
I bought new rear forman rims for my 16 rancher, and tires all the way. Those stock tires are junk, thorns went right through

Premium Member
if they were 2 ply tires, those aint worth much more than the paper, they are printed on. 2 stars means ya can go up to 5 pound's, which lets it steer better. if ya get a plug kit, find the orange plugs. hard to do, but worth it.

Premium Member
dont know for sure, but closer to home, i think i might.

Registered
The guy is asking $450 for all four new wheels and tires. Just came off a new Foreman.

Good deal???
Sounds like it is about $150 too high... I bought the aluminum Honda tires/wheels off a Foreman and put them on my 2008 Rancher, paid $250 and sold my new-original stock tires and wheels for $250!

Registered
Discussion Starter #15
The guy is asking $450 for all four new wheels and tires. Just came off a new Foreman.

Good deal???
Sounds like it is about $150 too high... I bought the aluminum Honda tires/wheels off a Foreman and put them on my 2008 Rancher, paid $250 and sold my new-original stock tires and wheels for $250!
So you ended up getting a free upgrade, nice!

Registered
Not sure what the market is in CA, but here that's way high for stocks. New takeoffs around here are $200-250. Were $100 a couple of years ago.

As @LedFTed said, stocks are usually 2 ply, which aren't great tires. If they cheap, who cares, but $450 is WAY high for 2 ply tires on stock wheels.

You'd be better off just buying some 12" wheels and getting some new tires for them.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts