Honda ATV Forum banner

Foreman 450 ES 2000 No power to shift motor

9K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Perkinsjared1985 
#1 ·
Hi All

Sorry for asking for help on my first post, I have a 450 ES 2000 model after the tab snapped of the shift plate now replaced it shifts manually but not with the shift buttons. I have checked all fuses and connections, I have also checked the shift buttons. there is no power at all going to the shift motor. Any help would be much appreciated.

Chris

#2 ·
I would check into the switch internals and see if the contacts aren't corroded, and all along the wiring for a short or bad connection.

#4 ·
Hi All, I'm also new here, recently bought a 2001 450es and shortly after had the same problem. I'm told by those who should know it's caused by the angle sensor going bad. I had to replace mine too. It's an easy fix, just 2 10m bolts at the front of the engine. Be sure and get the o ring properly seated though. Good Luck. A google search will show you exactly where it is. About 50-60 bucks. at the dealer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.