Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Newbee here, my 1999 Foreman 4x4 is used mostly in the winter with a snow blade to move snow.
Yesterday I was going in reverse and stopped and then tried to kick it back into neutral and then into gear but nothing happened it is stuck in reverse.

Any ideas?:wacko:

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I'm assuming you already tried rocking the ATV back and forth. I would pull the front crankcase cover off and check the shift linkage. If nothing is wrong with the shift linkage, you will have to split the transmission to find the problem.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will pull the front crankcase cover off and check the shift linkage and hope thats all it is, but before I can do this any help to get it back into neutral if thats possible, to get it into my garage.
P.S is a manual shift.

·
Premium Member
23,581 Posts
I will pull the front crankcase cover off and check the shift linkage and hope thats all it is, but before I can do this any help to get it back into neutral if thats possible, to get it into my garage.
P.S is a manual shift.
I don't know of anyway to get it in neutral without taking the front cover off. With the front cover off, you should be able to turn the shift drum and put it in neutral, unless the problem is in the transmission itself.

When in reverse it should push forward without the engine holding it back because of the one-way clutch, but it won't be as easy to push as if it was in neutral.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Helmut
I guess I'll roll up my sleeves get some help and start pushing.
Its a good thing I only have to push it 75ft; I could'nt imagine pushing this ATV any further.

Cheers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Newbee here, my 1999 Foreman 4x4 is used mostly in the winter with a snow blade to move snow.
Yesterday I was going in reverse and stopped and then tried to kick it back into neutral and then into gear but nothing happened it is stuck in reverse.

Any ideas?:wacko:

Have the same issues with mine. I just hit the kill switch and start it again ( once you turn the key off and on it will allow you to put it in neutral again)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts