Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all
Looking at buying my first quad, used. I have some experience riding but nothing crazy, hunting trails and farm duty. From an old 93 350 to a 2018 500 and a few in between. All Honda's, and everyone tells me there's a reason for that.

I'm trying to stay around $3500 and would like a 500. So I guess that puts the bike around 15 years old?
My real question has to do with clarifying Honda's model lineup and features. Being used I won't be picky, but anything I should focus on or stay away from? What is a Foreman vs Foreman Rubicon, Rincon, Recon, etc.. If someone can point my to a resource I don't mind reading for myself. Maybe something that covers 2005+/- model year.

I won't be taking it in deep shit or water, it will be mostly trails and farm as noted above, and occasionally pull a 6ft utility trailer (with coolers, gear, etc), light plowing, and general utility.

For me a bonus would be if it came with a plow, winch, rear seat cargo box.

I appreciate the help. Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
38,138 Posts
for 3500, your not gonna get all what you seek !..lol. let us know how you make out ?. i've got a '' like new '' '88 trx350D foreman 4x4 for sale, asking 3000 cash, needs nothing !. blue in color, very rare around my parts. here it is.
IMG_0969.JPG
IMG_0967.JPG

·
Super Moderator
38,138 Posts

Not far off...and I would be looking at $4500 Canadian. $5000 depending on accessories.
thats an automatic tranny...lol..totally worthless !. if they break down ?, all you have is a paper weight, the tranny has to be replaced, there is no serviceable parts on those auto trannies !. but good luck !.

·
Super Moderator
38,138 Posts
Thanks for the info, that's why I'm here afterall...
personally ?, i would look for anything with a manual shift ( semi-auto in other words ) clutch, late model trx350fm ranchers are ok, but under powered if ya ask me ?, any year from 1998 to 2004 trx450fm is a great atv !, any of the late model trx500fm that has had the 1st gear upgraded to the better gear set is where i would be looking. STAY FAR AWAY FROM ELECTRIC SHIFTS, AUTO SHIFTS !.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts