Honda ATV Forum banner

First Snow

2K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  _Wilson_ 
#1 ·
We had our first snow for this winter, 15 inches and counting

The Polaris with AWD did awesome for plowing the snow. The Honda XR100, one of my new toys, did awesome in the snow too. Enjoy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#4 ·
We had a blast in it for the first 7 inches. But after that the 400, and the xr struggled to get through the snow. But the Polaris with the awd surprised me how well it did in the snow. This was a really wet and heavy snow, all day it was right around 32 F

#3 ·
HAHA< I used to love riding my MX bikes in the snow
I even went as far as to have two sets of complete tires/wheels, brakes/sprockets and all, one studded for snow ,one for dirt!
as the snow was OK on knobbie's but I found a few off camber ice places where the front wheel would shoot out from under you at random and hitting the ground to be NOT as much fun as I got older LOL
had to adapt to keep playing as I got older/MAYBE smarter too! LOL
glad to see others wiling to play in it when they can!

#5 ·
HAHA< I used to love riding my MX bikes in the snow

I even went as far as to have two sets of complete tires/wheels, brakes/sprockets and all, one studded for snow ,one for dirt!

as the snow was OK on knobbie's but I found a few off camber ice places where the front wheel would shoot out from under you at random and hitting the ground to be NOT as much fun as I got older LOL

had to adapt to keep playing as I got older/MAYBE smarter too! LOL

glad to see others wiling to play in it when they can!

I love riding in the snow, it’s so much fun. I have never tried a set of studded tires before, did you do yours yourself? Or did you buy them

#6 ·
Glad ya got some snow. i aint really seen none here in a while to speak of. 1 time pete an me when to Springfield, Missouri, because their wernt no bass pro shops, anywhere close. i spent over 3 Bills, there. a snow/ice storm, chased us all the way back to Kentuck.

#7 ·
Oh man that brings back memory’s. That bass pro in Springfield is awesome, huge place. We had a really bad ice storm about 3 years ago. Knocked the power out for 6 days

#9 ·
Yes sir. It’s my great grandpas, he gave it to my family before he passed. 1962 GMC V6. 26,000 original miles. He lived in miles city Montana, we drove 32 hours to haul that precious baby home. He also gave us a 1955 Chevy 4 door. Me and my dad are making it into a “gasser” we have a 454 big block we are having bored and ported for it. The GMC is going to stay completely original. Everything is the same when it came off the factory line. I’ll take some pictures of it tomorrow for you

Reactions: _Wilson_
#10 ·
the body style is similar to my chevy 64 truck. it may have been GMC. mine was inline 6, an if ya got a leak in the water/radiator, didn't catch in in time, the head would crack. i didnt know, there was a v6 back then.. i can tell a few whoppers, bout that truck, though, it did happen.

Reactions: XplicitRacing6
#13 ·
#18 ·
Exactly ^^^ Those are powerful plants! I believe 5 liter .... ? I've only had my hands on one, once. (1 ton fleet side) an Off road 4wd ( tennessee valley authority truck) i believe the pinion/ring gear ratio was 3.73, 4 speed man..... For an Old school.... She'd mash, u back in the seat.

Attachments

Reactions: XplicitRacing6
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.