Honda ATV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
IMO You got a good deal on that old girl! Needs the front bumper/rack support (looks to be broken) and the front axle bash plate seems to be missing, thanks for the pics, love those old girls, with a little tlc she'll be a good one, did you try taking the spark plug out and grounding agaist the motor it see if you get a spark, you could try taping on cdi it see if wakes up, if so, bad CID

Reactions: jw7054

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I haven't seen it yet actually a friend picked it up for me, hoping it's just a bad plug or coil if not I'll move to the Cdi, do you think the stator could be the issue?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Your welcome, nah i wouldn't think it's the stator, unless the po didn't keep. A good hot battery in it! I'd start with checking the plug n CID, n post back what you find out.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Yep check for spark and the plug and if it isn't there look for dirty, broken, or corroded wires or connectors. Check your grounds. If that isn't. The problem start checking components. CDI and coil is where I would start. Also check the fuse make sure it isn't burnt out.
And it shouldn't be the stator.

DONT JUST START BUYING PARTS!!!!!!!!! If you start buying parts the last part u can replace is going to be the one you need. Test stuff, then replace it. Guessing with new parts never fixes things.
Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts
if that is an '86 trx350 fourtrax ?, drop a good battery in it, see if ya get spark then ?, that year HAS to have a good battery in it, in order to fire the spark plug !!. if that don't work ?, then wrap on the c.d.i while the spark plug is laying on the engine, and your cranking it over, see if you get spark then ?. if not ?, then your c.d.i is bad. ignition switch still there ?, it has to be there, and not '' wired '' to just crank it !..lol.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I was told it's a 1990 fourtrax 350 it's a Canadian one
I'm not real sure about this, but, i think this model maybe a Canada or over seas model, hopefully someone will know for sure, notice the deference in the lower light/grill shape ? Dead give away, not so much the color, foremans have clear, and 350d have amber/yellow, here's a pic, i think the front is sharp looking!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
My bad, i think the pic is a UK model, I've been reading some, lol, yeah i believe yours is indeed a 350d the sub lights are yellow/amber, she looks just like mine. Body wise, I'll post some pics of it when it gets here, speaking of i found out least month instead him asking $400 , he now says it will be free, go figure, n I'm not going to argue that! Lol, there basically the same mechanical wise, some of the things deferent is 350d has yellow subs narrow fender flairs, the foreman has wider flairs clear subs detachable spot light and a gas gauge :) i don't think i left anything out, how'd you come along of the spark issue ?

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Ah i gotcha, hope you lots of luck getting her firing again

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts
My bad, i think the pic is a UK model, I've been reading some, lol, yeah i believe yours is indeed a 350d the sub lights are yellow/amber, she looks just like mine. Body wise, I'll post some pics of it when it gets here, speaking of i found out least month instead him asking $400 , he now says it will be free, go figure, n I'm not going to argue that! Lol, there basically the same mechanical wise, some of the things deferent is 350d has yellow subs narrow fender flairs, the foreman has wider flairs clear subs detachable spot light and a gas gauge :) i don't think i left anything out, how'd you come along of the spark issue ?
woah bro !. the '89 DOES NOT have yellow sub lights, they are clear !!. get your facts right...lmfao. the '86,'87, and a few '88's have yellow sub lights, but most are on '86 and '87's.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Hmmmm my old boss was wrong then, when i got my 86 350d i asked him, about that he told me all US model 350ds had yellow and all the 350foremans had clear, thanks for correcting me, i wouldn't wont to tell anyone wrong :) thanks much bro!

·
Premium Member
38,619 Posts
Hmmmm my old boss was wrong then, when i got my 86 350d i asked him, about that he told me all US model 350ds had yellow and all the 350foremans had clear, thanks for correcting me, i wouldn't wont to tell anyone wrong :) thanks much bro!
wellllllllllllll, you tell your old boss, Honda does not call the 1986 trx350D's ?, they are called 1986 trx350 fourtrax, not until 1988 and 1989 did they start calling them foremans, and that's where the D comes in :). all old models, 1986 for sure came with yellow sub-lights, just look the parts of on fich, yu'll see what I am saying :).

Reactions: TennesseeCountryBoy

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Alright guys so I had my first look at the bike yesterday and the wiring is a mess! ? I'm no mechanic or electrician by all means but I do enjoy picking at stuff like this. So yesterday I took the coil off my bike and the resistance of the primary coil was correct but when measured off of the secondary coil (ground terminal to spark plug) I got a reading of 37k ohms when specs say it is spose to be a maximum of 10.8 or somewhere in that area? What dose this mean? Could it be a bad spark plug boot?

·
Registered
324 Posts
wellllllllllllll, you tell your old boss, Honda does not call the 1986 trx350D's ?, they are called 1986 trx350 fourtrax, not until 1988 and 1989 did they start calling them foremans, and that's where the D comes in :). all old models, 1986 for sure came with yellow sub-lights, just look the parts of on fich, yu'll see what I am saying :).
The 350 that I have here is an 87, and has clear lights- what does that mean? I'm still learning- has foreman decals on it (original). Is this not a 350D?

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
1984 honda 700s Saber bought it when I was 18, the year 1992 for a 1000 bucks Like new with 12,000 miles.. Still have it with 23,000 miles still LIKE NEW.. First 4 wheeler is my 1996 honda 300 4x4 barn find, paid only 600 bucks for it and it was mostly like new NOT ALL beat to sh(#. Still have that but I broke my winch 4 days ago so its waiting for a new amazon special super winch..

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.