Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Howdy all! Yup, as title states, got some new shoes for the old girl. 27" zillas on SS212 rims. They are only 26" tall tho? The front tires are exactly 10lb heavier than my wore down stockers.. a bit more than i was hoping for tbh

before:

after:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice
Pump them to ten
measure again
Will do sir! i think i was around 4psi?? Wasnt sure where this tire is happy.

That said, i put these tires on the rims by hand ( the fronts were a PITA! Espcially when i installed the front tire on rear rim!! then had to take it off and do it over lol! the rears were on in 10 min for both!) The front tires beads seated properly around 20 psi. i et them sit for 20 min or so and checked for bead leaks. lookin good!

The rears however.. Tires went on a lot easier, but i couldnt get the beads to seat! tire says "36psi max for bead seating" well, i was at 46! and still wouldnt seat. So, i pulled schrader, and deflated. soaped the rim bead and tire and tried again. still no luck at 46psi... I pulled out the rubber mallet and started beating on the tire (prolly 10 min each) to get both sides of bead to fully seat.

Does this sound normal? This my first time ever mounting a tire/seating a bead.

·
Premium Member
1,075 Posts
I had to air over 50 psi on my old polaris 200. And that took several attempts.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
12,282 Posts
Nice
Pump them to ten
measure again
Will do sir! i think i was around 4psi?? Wasnt sure where this tire is happy.

That said, i put these tires on the rims by hand ( the fronts were a PITA! Espcially when i installed the front tire on rear rim!! then had to take it off and do it over lol! the rears were on in 10 min for both!) The front tires beads seated properly around 20 psi. i et them sit for 20 min or so and checked for bead leaks. lookin good!

The rears however.. Tires went on a lot easier, but i couldnt get the beads to seat! tire says "36psi max for bead seating" well, i was at 46! and still wouldnt seat. So, i pulled schrader, and deflated. soaped the rim bead and tire and tried again. still no luck at 46psi... I pulled out the rubber mallet and started beating on the tire (prolly 10 min each) to get both sides of bead to fully seat.

Does this sound normal? This my first time ever mounting a tire/seating a bead.
They can be hard to get to seat sometimes , especially if the tires are stiff and or putting a 12 inch tire on a 8 inch rim , I use a tire bead seater , usually one try is all it takes ----a ratchet strap pulled tight around the center of the tire helps sometimes , starting fluid and a lighter works

·
Registered
196 Posts
What did you end up paying for the tires, minus the new wheels?

·
Premium Member
12,282 Posts
I have seen what you arr talking about with the bead being farther out , seems it is usually the rear tires that do that , if I had to guess why , I would say cause the rears are wider in my cases ..

them Zilla threads look a lot like ITP Mud LItes , I have a set of Mudzillas and like them , they are a little more aggressive

Attachments

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Nobody noticed this lol. I plow a lot, and its nice to see were your going in the dark. Wiring was kinda a pita tbh. I have it wired into the reverse light on a relay, but found out that the bike puts that light hot, and kills ground when keyed off. so, i had to use 2 relays in tandem to only let light come on when, bike is ON, Led lightbar is ON, and in reverse.

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
7 Participants
c1v1c966554
Honda ATV Forum
We’re a forum community dedicated to Honda ATV owners & enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about upgrades and reliability for your Rancher, Foreman, Recon, FourTrax, Pioneer, and more!
Full Forum Listing