Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2007 Rincon with the FI light flashing. It flashes 9 time and starts flashing again. Would anyone know what that code means and how to reset the light so it doesn't flash. It just started on the weekend while I was driving. The engines still runs good.
I also have a problem with my transmission. Sometimes it shifts properly and sometimes it shift at high RPM for no reason.

Thanks in advance for your help
BuckT

·
Registered
233 Posts
I don't know what the codes are but i would give the plugs on the tranny a wiggle test and while U have them unpluged check them for corrosion/ water and use some die-electric grease be for pluging them back in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

Thanks for the response.
I did check the code in the manual that I downloaded from this site and, I think that it's the IAT Sensor. I will be inspecting today.
For the shifting of the transmission it doesn't give me a code. I will check the connections and coat the connectors with die-electric grease. I have installed a Big red gear kit a few weeks ago and seam that the transmission been shifting eratic since then. My boys have been using it more than I did since I installed the gear kit. I look in the manual to see if I can adjust the shifting range speed and I didn't find any adjustment.
To reset the light I don't understand the procedure in the book without the pocket tester.
Would any one know how to reset the light before I short the wrong wires and fry my computer?
Thanks
BuckT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts