Honda ATV Forum banner

Ezip Trailz

1K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  fishfiles 
I've never messed with one of those setups, but if the controller can be disassembled enough (without breaking stuff getting into it) for access to the internals I'd probably try to fix it rather than replace it.

Do you know whether it uses a BLDC (brushless) motor type? If so, its probably a hall-effect sensor input from motor to the controller. I'd start there, making sure the input signals are being produced. Then determine the type of variable output control, whether its PWM or other... unless it has proprietary components or its totally fried something major it might be repairable. It could be something as simple as an internal fuse that isn't documented as well.

I promised to go look at a dead conveyor for a nearby neighbor later on this week... according to the business owner it runs on 3-phase AC input power (pretty bizarre in America!) which standard 115 volts AC supply runs through a single phase-to-3-phase converter, then powers some unknown type of variable speed control for the conveyor. The guy paid big bucks to someone who can't figure it out of course... now two days ago he rode up my driveway on his ATV... been two years since I last seen him... an' fixed his electronically controlled baler for him. This is the kinda weird crap I get into... so if you can't find any other option, feel free to ship the bugger to 'da UP 'an we'll see what shakes out! :)

Ya, Tier 4 is a perfect bend-y'all-over-monthly electronic prison-plan! The local loggers here (my nearest neighbors and close friends) all have shiny new processing equipment. Its fast, modern, makes them lots of money and allows them to work 12-14 hour days in their tee shirts year 'round. But when something breaks on those efficient new machines its always a computer/network/sensor related issue and they're completely dead in the woods until the chintzy machine gets fixed.

They know I can't stand working on proprietary crap without a detailed service manual with schematics, it wastes all my time learning, rather than fixing... so I only get called up after the paid factory tech has failed and left them hanging. And those factory techs are dumber than rocks most of them! They're skilled at making up lame excuses is all!

I'm just a damn nutter in the woods... I shouldn't be my neighbors' goto guy after their high fallutin' electronic garbage shuts them down in the woods over a cheap china 10 cent sensor or a wiggled out plug... and after they've paid a few thousand bucks to some text-book, clean-shirted, punk who just drove away complaining about his wet 'n muddy, stained tennis shoes! I'm just a damn nutter in the woods fer cryin' out loud!

But if ya ever get in a bind don't hesitate to call. I hate sufferin' just as much as the next man. I'll do my damn-dest fer ya. :)

I knew a guy who got a DWI with his lawn mower, but on a bicycle...? Seems like that'd be a bad call since bicycles are not motorized vehicles. But I guess when you hit a car its gotta be blamed on something an' someone's gotta pay. Crazy stuff isn't it... :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.