Honda ATV Forum banner

Extended Rear Axle (Wide)

13K views 49 replies 9 participants last post by  Billy250X 
#1 ·
I'm looking to replace my wide rear axle with a stock. Anyone know how much it'd cost and does anyone got a service manual download for free to do so? Was gonna try to do it myself. Also, a manual on to replace bearings beside the chain sproket because I think mine are bad, I can grab the handle bars and go up and down with it and it wobbles really bad. Pretty sure it's the bearings. Rides fine though, no crunching sounds etc.

Here is a picture of it. I hate it.

See less See more
#2 ·
Thats a g force +7.5 axle.I have one to.There nice axles.It's easy to switch out axles.Just remember how it all came apart.But for bearings just buy a new carrier.It's less headache.

#4 ·
is that a 300ex? How much for the Axle? you going back stock right? Welcome to the forums

#5 ·
300ex.I figured you of all people would know that.

#8 ·
I'm pretty certain it's a g force.I think moose wants to trade you.

#11 ·
flip your front wheels around and see how much better it looks. but make sure you have short valvestems your calipers will rip them out.

#13 ·
Richmond, Ky

22x10x9 Rear
23x7x10 Front

if I remember correctly^^ That would look extremely funny lol. I'd never get any traction because my front tires are COMPLETELY bald in the middle. Not got around to getting any new ones yet.

My quad looks like shit because the plastic but it doesn't bother me. Runs fine and starts first time even in this cold weather below freezing temps. I got it for $800 so I guess it's worth it. Clutch and everything works extremely well. Just needs back brake pads and maybe a bearing casing for the back end. Honda ATV here said they'd fix it for $140 for the bearings + back brakes. Just not got a truck atm to take it up there. It blew up, haha

#14 ·
actually it dosen't look any different just wider my fronts were flipped for a long time you really need to replace the dune slicks...lol

#15 ·
Dune Slicks, lol. Those are actually ITPs worn down really bad. I let some air out of them and I get pretty good traction from the tread on the sides. I'm gonna buy a whole new set of tires once I can get my bearings fixed and back brake pads. Want to do it myself, but can't find a manual without paying. Have no way to buy them online at the moment.

#16 ·
my 250X manual is the same as far as the rearend goes I can scan the pages for you tomorrow and send them to you just pm me your email. oh wait I got a 300ex manual on here send me your email and I will try to send it to you.

#18 ·
be there shortly buddy enjoy and dont stay up too late reading...lol if you don't see it tonight it will be there tomorrow morning

#20 ·
Check now You should have it. just let me know about the axle gimme a figure

#21 ·
rear bearing's aren't that hard to replace..seems to me..it would be cheaper to replace just the bearings..than buy another carrier ??..i could be wrong..but..when i replaced the bearings on my trx350d..it didn't set me back alot at all..now..from what i've seen on the carrier prices..eeekkk..lol..oh..and welcome to the formus !..nice bike for 800 :)

#24 ·
WELCOME TO THE FORUM! I live in Ky. too.

#25 ·
i gonna have to buy a 7.5 g-force axle now of of motosport i want to be wide im only +4 in the back righ now

#28 ·
Hey I know where a 450R is !!!!! it's going to be sitting for a while maybe i can go get it....LMAO then Im sure to win the showdown...LMAO

#29 ·
TRX you'll be lucky if he shows up much less a showdown.......lol

#33 ·
Im about 60 miles from you. If I remember right. I know I'm 120 from louisville

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.