Honda ATV Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
36,688 Posts
don't run that motor without a header on it fish !!!!..you will burn your exhaust valve in a heart beat !!!. please take this advice very seriously !!.

·
Premium Member
12,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I sure hope I didn't hurt it as I ran it for maybe 45 seconds total , start and stop 3 times , didn't rev it up , wanted to see if I got it right and it would started up , I got impatient , the muffler is suppose to be here this evening ---------- I should have at least put the pipe back on with no muffler , I had to run it home 20 minutes like that last trip ----------

Mac will love this one , check this out , this weekend we are have a big party for my buddy's birthday , we have some killer bikes coming over , I hate to say it but I am starting to get OK with saying it Can-Am's , at least 5-6 of them , my buddy just got back last weekend from Beaumont where he bought a Can-Am 800 with a lot , a lot of work in it , I can't even remember all the stuff he was rattling off , 4 inch lift , stainless dual exhaust for $1,500 , custom heads , cam , pistons, crank , tuner with nozzles ? , 31 1/2" tires , clutches, etc , etc , I just watched a video of him racing a Kawasaki that was talking it up at Texas Flats last weekend , he was bored and outfitted to a 960 , and my boy burned him by 6 bike lengths on the road , then he blew out both front axles ragging in the mud , he has two new ones coming today or tomorrow and say he is going to be ready , can't wait to see this one

·
Premium Member
12,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Got the new after market muffler yesterday , with taxes OEM was going to cost me $690 ------ with free shipping I paid $145 off e-bay , so I saved $545 --- I learned you can get the muffler and pipe in without taking the fender loose , but it is a jigsaw puzzle when your by yourself , it would help to have some one hold the back end when fishing it thru -----it is quiet now -----

·
Premium Member
12,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Leo , I would try vise grips first , I doubt that is going to work -------- then I would weld a nut to the exposed stud , 50/50 shot of that working ---------- they will most likely have to be drilled and tapped , it is a bit hard keeping the drill hole in the middle of the stud , but very important , if you get off center , the threads will be messed up

·
Premium Member
2,697 Posts
can you weld a nut to the bolt, then apply torch heat to get it loose? aluminum is harder to work with than iron or steel, when applying heat..
Leo, it does look like you had a leaky exhaust gasket, for a long time..
an old plumbers trick is to turn it clockwise, before you turn it c-clockwise.. dont know why this works, but it does. worked on many a boiler, though it works with many applications..

21 - 27 of 27 Posts