Honda ATV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have a 2004 TRX 400EX that I bought used about a year ago. The exhaust has no heat shield. I was told when I bought it that it is a DG full system. Will the stock Honda heat shield fit? Also where can I get a spark arrestor for the exhaust?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
nobody know?

·
Registered
8,220 Posts
I don't have your atv and don't really play with sport atv's
but logically I would think DG would make and sell a spark arrestor for there exhaust? as there required in so many laces, be silly if they didn;t>??
and if NOT most exhaust are of standard size tube, so all you need to do is find one on any of the many online atv stores that has correct size piping and add it to your bike?? do a search on the main exhaust sites too and sure you will find tons of spark arrestor's out there that work on atv's??

as for will your OEM heat shield fit, I doubt its made to go over it, but anything can be fitted if you have the desire to do so?
the question is, why would you want to, I would think the DG system is made to not need one , or it would have one??

you can also buy exhaust wrap and add that if you wish to displace heat more??

SO< does this help??

·
Super Moderator
4,388 Posts
No a stock 400ex heat shield will not fit a dg header. I have one. And you will never find the stock dg one. They rusted off after a month or so of being new. Best bet is wrap the header in dei header wrap. Thats what i did.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks
What do you have for a spark arrestor

1 - 6 of 6 Posts